Jomtien Immigration booking system fails again

7 hours ago, gargamon said:

Made a 11:00 am appointment for retirement renewal in Jomtien about a month ago, not 8:30 like most. Gave me time to get the bank letter with a transaction that day.

Showed up at 10:45. Got the same nonsense as the OP about still  needing to fall in line to get number. Screw this I thought. Went to the door to the old building, showed my appointment printout and was allowed entery. Then went to the two girls at the far end of section 8 (there's a joke there but I won't pursue it) where you normally pick up your passport after it has been stamped. They got me to one of the processing staff as soon as one freed up.

So lesson learned: ignore the queue and go directly to section 8. No problem at all. 

Bit silly telling everyone about it. If others start using your idea this quick route will be shut down very quickly.

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, retarius said:

Bit silly telling everyone about it. If others start using your idea this quick route will be shut down very quickly.

I thought we were supposed to be helpful.

My idea is hardly inappropriate. The appointment queue controls the amount of traffic in section 8. Walk-ins with no appointment will still need to queue up.

Besides, if they shut it down, I will, as always, find the best/quickest way to get in. I was planning on changing my renewal date to low season but decided to see how well the appointment went. I had paperwork for both a 6 month and 12 month extension when I went for the appt. If it didn't go well I was going to do the 6 month one. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gargamon said:

Made a 11:00 am appointment for retirement renewal in Jomtien about a month ago, not 8:30 like most. Gave me time to get the bank letter with a transaction that day.

Showed up at 10:45. Got the same nonsense as the OP about still  needing to fall in line to get number. Screw this I thought. Went to the door to the old building, showed my appointment printout and was allowed entery. Then went to the two girls at the far end of section 8 (there's a joke there but I won't pursue it) where you normally pick up your passport after it has been stamped. They got me to one of the processing staff as soon as one freed up.

So lesson learned: ignore the queue and go directly to section 8. No problem at all. 

What you did was what Pattaya Expats suggested to me,  works but crazy that we have to find a way round the system because the appointment system doesn't work properly, people should be given queue tickets in the right order