Jomtien Immigration booking system fails again

Unfortunately, I have gotten used to all the things that can go wrong in Thailand.

Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong......

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

This week i went there for an early appointment, lady at the front just said join the queue, so a waste of time, i still got queue no.5 but just lucky it wasn't busy.

I had the exact same experience at a District 5 immigration office.  I have an appointment and, "You get number over there."  So?  Why bother? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, bunnydrops said:

Maybe everyone there had appointments also.

I checked online for several days, appointments were every 30 mins for retirement, and different times for other things, i had the first appointment at 8.30 so should have been given the first ticket, but the system isn't working, they mostly ignore it

I’ve heard it’s hit and miss. I have heard recently that they only honour appointments made for permission to stay extensions and the like. I don’t know if that was the purpose of your appointment or not. Anyway hope you got what you needed done eventually. 

8 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

Unfortunately, I have gotten used to all the things that can go wrong in Thailand.

Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong......

indeed sadly way of life 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

This week i went there for an early appointment, lady at the front just said join the queue, so a waste of time, i still got queue no.5 but just lucky it wasn't busy.

Strangely i checked last week went in the afternoon and asked at the desk what to do as i have appointment next week, he said come to front of info desk and will get a ticket so it seems different staff do different things.

So it's hit and miss, system can't be relied upon

I'll do what I did last time:  get there at 7am or so and get a queue ticket.  I also reserved online for 08:30am on a Monday, as it was the only day of the month even available online.  If they reject me at the door at 08:30am, I will still have the queue ticket in my hand.  👍

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Jaxxper said:

I have heard recently that they only honour appointments made for permission to stay extensions and the like

They didn't even ask what the appointment was for, not interested

39 minutes ago, Sheist said:

I'll do what I did last time:  get there at 7am or so and get a queue ticket.  I also reserved online for 08:30am on a Monday, as it was the only day of the month even available online.  If they reject me at the door at 08:30am, I will still have the queue ticket in my hand.  👍

People are milling around the entrance door for the 8.30 opening, you'd probably need to be at the front to have a chance of that working, straight away they start calling ticket numbers

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

They didn't even ask what the appointment was for, not interested

The girl I spoke to did when I went yesterday to renew my extension based on retirement.

Had booked 2.30pm but arrived about 2.05. A couple of people in front of me at the Info desk so just waited until free and showed my booking. Gave me a number and went and sat down in front of the desk 8 area. Was seen and out before my allocated time. 

I guess I was lucky as no real queue.

8 minutes ago, topt said:

The girl I spoke to did when I went yesterday to renew my extension based on retirement.

Had booked 2.30pm but arrived about 2.05. A couple of people in front of me at the Info desk so just waited until free and showed my booking. Gave me a number and went and sat down in front of the desk 8 area. Was seen and out before my allocated time. 

I guess I was lucky as no real queue.

Probably just got next ticket available either way

It appears Jomtien is applying appointments only to certain transactions.  There's a big sign I noticed today detailing appointment requirements for Visa extensions

12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Strangely i checked last week went in the afternoon and asked at the desk what to do as i have appointment next week, he said come to front of info desk and will get a ticket so it seems different staff do different things.

What time did you go to line up in the queue at the information desk? I'm surprised that it's not busy. Every other time there's been an insanely amount of people, even if you arrive 90 minutes prior to the official opening time.

12 hours ago, bbi1 said:

What time did you go to line up in the queue at the information desk? I'm surprised that it's not busy. Every other time there's been an insanely amount of people, even if you arrive 90 minutes prior to the official opening time.

Pattaya has emptied out, i got in the queue at 7.50 and still got ticket 5, about 20 people in the queue in front of me

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Pattaya has emptied out, i got in the queue at 7.50 and still got ticket 5, about 20 people in the queue in front of me

I'm still seeing an insane amount of people all over Pattaya/Jomtien, not to mention huge traffic jams yesterday.

Anyway, hopefully it stays that way at immigration and we don't have tons of people like before.

Made a 11:00 am appointment for retirement renewal in Jomtien about a month ago, not 8:30 like most. Gave me time to get the bank letter with a transaction that day.

Showed up at 10:45. Got the same nonsense as the OP about still  needing to fall in line to get number. Screw this I thought. Went to the door to the old building, showed my appointment printout and was allowed entery. Then went to the two girls at the far end of section 8 (there's a joke there but I won't pursue it) where you normally pick up your passport after it has been stamped. They got me to one of the processing staff as soon as one freed up.

So lesson learned: ignore the queue and go directly to section 8. No problem at all. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/8/2024 at 5:32 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Did you print out the confirmation email and show them.

Has worked perfect for me for 3 years now.

4 hours ago, gargamon said:

Made a 11:00 am appointment for retirement renewal in Jomtien about a month ago, not 8:30 like most. Gave me time to get the bank letter with a transaction that day

BTW previous day bank letter is ok

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BenStark said:

Did you print out the confirmation email and show them.

Has worked perfect for me for 3 years now.

Printed or not is irrelevant, what seems to help is going in the afternoon when not busy, different person

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/8/2024 at 5:52 PM, dddave said:

It appears Jomtien is applying appointments only to certain transactions.  There's a big sign I noticed today detailing appointment requirements for Visa extensions

Did you take a photo?

• Thanks 1

On 3/8/2024 at 7:36 AM, retarius said:

Is it just me, or does it seem that any government or institutional websites simply do not function well here in Thailand? Why on earth don't they get some farang, Japanese, Singaporean or Chinese programmers in to build their websites? 

Remember the Covid  health app data leak.

Ive never used the Immigration app ,cause I live 5 minutes away but I’ve seen  some people complain about its on & off again status.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/vaccine-registration-website-for-expats-back-up-after-data-leak