Monthly payments to spotify or others using bank card with 2 tier confirmation probs

I replaced my misplaced card for a new one exactly the same but cannot change my payment details on spotify.  I suppose it would be the same for any card payment requiring an sms or some other bank confirmation process.  Cannot remember how this unfolded when I set up the account in the first place; it was a while ago.  Spotify has embraced the 'no help' help department so the pre determined questions do not fit my circumstances.  I have the account; they just will not allow me to update my payment method.  I tried to update my paypal account with the same results.  I have tried 3 debit cards and a credit card from 3 different banks with the same response. 

Thanks in advance for any comments.🙏🏼

6 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

Thanks Mike Lister.  A new card has been logged onto my spotify account as designated payer for my individual premium account but the payment will not go through due to 2 tier confirmation process.  Is it possible to suspend this confirmation process for a short time just to get the payment through?  Thanks🙏🏼🙂

2 minutes ago, notrub said:

Thanks Mike Lister.  A new card has been logged onto my spotify account as designated payer for my individual premium account but the payment will not go through due to 2 tier confirmation process.  Is it possible to suspend this confirmation process for a short time just to get the payment through?  Thanks🙏🏼🙂

Nope, the confirmation process is designed to protect your account against fraud.

I suggest you email spotify support and explain the issue.

Yes Mike L, I will now but the email help address does not appear on the spotify account page.  The only help offered is with pre determined questions.  The address came from an online search.  I also tried to update my card details on my paypal account and have the same problem with them.  Let's see how it goes.  Thanks for your interest🙏🏼🙂

• Thumbs Up 1