Indian passenger robbed by Chinese man on flight to Bangkok

webfact

Leaving out the nationalities, this is a good lesson for anyone flying long distance where you may fall asleep.  It doesn't matter where you stow your bag if you're asleep when the thief rummages through the bins.  Unless, of course, you put the valuables on the floor in front of you, or in a money belt.

I'd be curious whether the guy flashed his goodies, or was this just a random bonanza for the thief?

Edited by impulse
  • Agree 2

45 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

There has been an uptick in Chinese nationals stealing from carry ons on airlines. This is the third report. 

Must be infuriating for the ladyboys in Phuket on beach road , the Chinese getting there first before they have a chance

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 2long said:

Well, I'm shocked that on an international flight someone was able to notice their foolishly-stored valuables missing, alert the cabin crew, and the CCTV could track every passenger or at least every suspect, and then each of their taxi drivers to hotels. This is quite the achievement by the same buffoons who can't find any evidence of katoeys offering sex in Soi 11!

I do think that they deliberately ignore parts of the sex industry and turn a blind eye to it .

Its not that they are "buffoons" , its that they turn a blind eye to it .

( BTW , what made you think of ladyboys ?)

15 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I do think that they deliberately ignore parts of the sex industry and turn a blind eye to it .

Its not that they are "buffoons" , its that they turn a blind eye to it .

( BTW , what made you think of ladyboys ?)

The big news last week, in Soi 11

1 hour ago, impulse said:

I'd be curious whether the guy flashed his goodies, or was this just a random bonanza for the thief?

Or they were both in on it but weren't expecting the RTP to hunt down the perp so efficiently.

Fair play to the RTP. When they put their mind to it, they seem to do a half decent job.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Suvarnabhumi Airport Police Station officers arrested a Chinese man for stealing cash and a Rolex watch worth over 500,0000 baht from an Indian man on a flight from India to Bangkok.

Just getting some practice in, before arrival.

5 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Never put your carry on directly above you. Put it in the overhead bin opposite you. You can see what people are doing. There is no rule it has to be in the bin directly above.

Never put anything of value in your carry-on, always cash in your wallet and money belt. If having a laptop, always lock your carry-on bag. Doesn't take a genius to work this simple thing out but the average human is pretty stupid, so I'm not surprised.

Edited by bbi1

4 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

There has been an uptick in Chinese nationals stealing from carry ons on airlines. This is the third report. 

I also noted that, initially thinking, is this a repeated story as I'd read the same news within the last 6 months...

... This has started a 'bias' that Chinese are in flight thieves as the last few stories I've read of this include perpetrators from China. 

In this case the response of the Thai Police is particularly impressive. Checking the inflight CCTV and the speed with which they acted and then tracked the Chinese thief through the airport and to his accommodation and speed of arrest. 

My only question here is what did it take to trigger the police into such impressive action ?

Did the Indian man offer a reward, or was this police worked carried out because thats what they should do ?

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

Never put anything of value in your carry-on, always cash in your wallet and money belt. If having a laptop, always lock your carry-on bag. Doesn't take a genius to work this simple thing out but the average human is pretty stupid, so I'm not surprised.

I keep my phone, passport, wallet & laptop with me the entire time, even going to the bathroom on the plane. They are really small though.

Edited by JimTripper

Rolex watch worth over 500,0000 baht from an Indian man on a flight from India to Bangkok.

The airport’s security centre and Suvarnabhumi Airport Police Station received a report of the theft from Vistara airline on March 7. The crime took place during flight UK 123 from Bombay City in India to Bangkok in Thailand.

The Indian victim, Hasad Panduran Chawan, reported that his Sea-Dweller Rolex watch and cash amounting to US$2,800 (99,000 baht), disappeared from his backpack.

from 500k to 99k in 6 lines

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Never put your carry on directly above you. Put it in the overhead bin opposite you. You can see what people are doing. There is no rule it has to be in the bin directly above.

Put money and watch on you. Pretty dumb Indian.

4 hours ago, JimTripper said:

I keep my phone, passport, wallet & laptop with me the entire time, even going to the bathroom on the plane. They are really small though.

I never put anything in the overhead locker my hand luggage goes under the seat in front of me and my valuables are on myself all the time 

16 hours ago, bbi1 said:

If having a laptop, always lock your carry-on bag.

I always keep my laptop unlocked in my carry-ons. In the forty years I have been crisscrossing the world, I have never had my laptop stolen. My rented car trunk was rampaged, and the laptop was taken out of the backpack once in a rest area in Portugal while I was eating inside the building. A person told me that he saw earlier that a Spanish guy was going through my trunk, and as he approached, he ran away. It was a close call, but I still wonder today how he knew it was a Spanish guy and not a Portuguese. 

On a side note, I noticed a lot of illegal Bangladeshis in the Netherlands, Germany, and Denmark are moving to Portugal. I met a few of them, and they told me the pressure from the authority (raids, unexpected document checks, etc.) is less in Portugal compared to other countries they moved from. I also met a crazy Portuguese driver obsessed with Trump and wondered how stupid it is for Americans to vote for a dictator. I applauded him for his extensive knowledge of American politics. 🙂

Edited by CartagenaWarlock