Why are Asian Women obsessed with little boys?

rexpotter

I would not say 'obsessed with' but they are fawned upon more than girls.

In Thailand, which is predominantly Buddhist, it is practice for men to ordain as monks at some point in their lives.

This practice is seen as a rite of passage and is highly respected in Thai society.

It brings merit to their families, particularly to the mother who as a female does not have access to this rite except through the son.

Edited by LosLobo

23 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

One of the huge issues here is the princely treatment given to boys. They are nothing special. On any level. Yet, the parents let them get away with nearly anything, and spoil them rotten.

What Thai parents need to start saying to their sons is this: You are nothing special. Your sister is as good as you, or better. She works harder, she is more ambitious and she does not take everything, and everyone for granted. So, until you prove to us, to the family, and to the community that you are special, by your deeds, actions, and hard work, you are not anything but a normal kid. Nothing more.

My guess is there are alot of Thai parents who wonder later, where did I go wrong with my son, and why did he turn out to be so self entitled, so spoiled, so unwilling to put in a hard days work, and how did he become so rotten, and so undeserving of our care and protection?

Also, it is my observation that alot of parents seem to have lost the art of parenting. The child sort of becomes the boss. This is epidemic in Thai households with the sons, who are treated as if they are very special, when they are just ordinary boys, who have proven nothing to the world yet, as to their worthiness for adulation. As a result, children today are less self-reliant. Many preteen children don’t yet know how to be alone at bedtime and they haven’t been forced to learn. Parents band-aid the issue by allowing co-sleeping.

Its an Asian thing, not just in Thailand!

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, Keeps said:

I admit I've only got a little one but the Mrs doesn't complain. As she says, " she wouldn't want it as a wart on the end of her nose" so I'm taking that as a compliment. 

Hold on, are we not talking about dicks?

No we're not taking about dicks, but you're certainly talking like one!

17 hours ago, fittobethaied said:

Perhaps the OP is talking about Thai women's obsession with raising their little boys to be spoiled brats. Most are allowed full run of the house, and even the sisters of these entitled little twerks are made to cater to them. Spoiled little brats grow up to be adult spoiled brats, and that's why we have so many Thai men who are entitled and obsessed with saving their "face" when they have no "face" to start with!

That's correct, and they must have their own way. And it gets very serious when then they halfway grop up buy guns and cars.

14 hours ago, paul1804 said:

Yes.....My original post maybe was not clear, and I thought it was very obvious. But anyone who has lived and worked over here for many years, knows its pathetic and when they grow up they are a danger to society.

14 hours ago, paul1804 said:

While working in Indonesia at my wealthy employers dinner table with the Boss Mother and many guests, she allowed her three year old son to crawl across the top of the dinner table and climb through the food, and she thought he was so cute and we were all supposed to laugh. Because anything he did was OK.

On 3/12/2024 at 7:23 PM, steven100 said:

can you elaborate further,  I don't get the topic heading ....  and it's meaning...  thanks

Other forms: obsessions

If you have an obsession, you're totally fixated on something and unhealthily devoted to it. Some common obsessions include fantasy football leagues, celebrity gossip, and Elvis memorabilia