PM and Macron discuss visa-free access for Thai nationals in the Schengen Zone

webfact

Just now, pub2022 said:

Thailand, better you stay away from the EU, especially from monsieur Macron.

This man suggested to deploy NATO ground troops to Ukraine (that means asking for WWIII).

No he never.......:ermm:

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, sidneybear said:

Do you seriously think that Europe is a better place to be than Thailand?

For most people? Yes, absolutely without question. Better for families to raise their kids. Better for job prospects. Better for social support. Better for clean and diverse nature. Now if you don't need a local job or just want to enjoy warm weather and a good standard of living then Thailand might be a better choice.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

I keep telling you, Prayuth was better.

I thought he was horrendous. If he was better, it is only because Sretta is showing such a dismal performance to date. Prayuth had zero credibility, on any level. He was stunningly incompetent, and had long overstayed his welcome. He failed the nation miserably with this last wave of covid, which could have easily been avoided, had some precautions been taken by locking down Samut Sakhon province immediately, and later locking down Bangkok, as the army creeps promised they would. It was just another failure to uphold any and all promises he made. His word was about as good as the word of a snake oil salesman, in Tombstone, in 1872. Same applied to Anutin, Prawit, Phiphat, and the rest of the band of failures.

What ever happened with his promises to root out bad apple immigration guys, on the border? They likely let in thousands, to line their greedy pockets. How about his promises to clean up the RTP, customs and immigration? Do they care at all, on any level, about anything other than their own enrichment, and the vintage of ridiculously expensive champagne or wine they would consume in the evening?

Never forget. Prayuth was the one who chose to not lock down countless covid clusters, factories, and cities, and he bears huge responsibility for the current grave state of the economy. It all rests on his tiny shoulders. Never forget. Never, ever forgive him for that.

There is no saying the extent of the corruption in the last administration, but the army is not exactly known for integrity. Likely the same applies to the failed Sretta administration.

Edited by spidermike007

6 hours ago, sidneybear said:

The question  is not what spidermike007   thinks but what the Thais think. 

There is a reason why it is so difficult to get a visa to the US , EU, and other European countries , and to get a visa you have to prove good reason why you will come back. This is not opinion. this is fact. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This will not happen. Far too many Thais would abandon Thailand and stay in Europe. There would be a mass exodus. Thailand still suffers from the Prayuth Decimation. The economy is hurting badly. 

Wishful thinking on the part of a PM, who has no contact with reality, nor any use to the people of this nation. And we thought Prayuth was incompetent. 

Why don't you want Thai people in your country? These perfect people are extremely harmless. Also many Europeans have left Europe and settled in Thailand. There are Europeans all over the streets of Thailand.  Let's not forget that many Europeans work illegally in Thailand. 

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, CashMoon said:

Why don't you want Thai people in your country? These perfect people are extremely harmless. Also many Europeans have left Europe and settled in Thailand. There are Europeans all over the streets of Thailand.  Let's not forget that many Europeans work illegally in Thailand. 

You are putting words into my mouth. I love immigrants. I think they are the best part of America. I find alot of white Americans to be quite boring, and many are like an empty suit. I mean that partially in jest, so you guys to not have to start defending our race. LOL.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, sidneybear said:

For Thai's "Yes"! 500bht a day compared to about 4,000baht a day in France.

13 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

On Monday, PM Srettha Thavisin, in a landmark visit to Paris, discussed trade and diplomatic matters with French President Emmanuel Macron.

Macron is scratching his left testicle, while he is in hurry to get rid of Goofy and get on with real business.

• Haha 1

A tad confusing this.

France, being a part of the EU, does not have the ability on it's own to allow visa free access to a certain country. France would need all member states of the EU, including Germany, Italy, Spain to agree as a collective. The reason being there is free movement around European states - there is the Shengen visa. 

Even China does not have visa free access to the EU. 

The UK was the only (former) member of the EU that had access to it's own border controls as it was not a part of the Shengen visa scheme. However, mute point as they've left now. 

Edited by DonniePeverley
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I thought he was horrendous. If he was better, it is only because Sretta is showing such a dismal performance to date. Prayuth had zero credibility, on any level. He was stunningly incompetent, and had long overstayed his welcome. He failed the nation miserably with this last wave of covid, which could have easily been avoided, had some precautions been taken by locking down Samut Sakhon province immediately, and later locking down Bangkok, as the army creeps promised they would. It was just another failure to uphold any and all promises he made. His word was about as good as the word of a snake oil salesman, in Tombstone, in 1872. Same applied to Anutin, Prawit, Phiphat, and the rest of the band of failures.

What ever happened with his promises to root out bad apple immigration guys, on the border? They likely let in thousands, to line their greedy pockets. How about his promises to clean up the RTP, customs and immigration? Do they care at all, on any level, about anything other than their own enrichment, and the vintage of ridiculously expensive champagne or wine they would consume in the evening?

Never forget. Prayuth was the one who chose to not lock down countless covid clusters, factories, and cities, and he bears huge responsibility for the current grave state of the economy. It all rests on his tiny shoulders. Never forget. Never, ever forgive him for that.

There is no saying the extent of the corruption in the last administration, but the army is not exactly known for integrity. Likely the same applies to the failed Sretta administration.

Bar a few months when people were told to remain home, closed tourism, night life, Thailand remained pretty much (domestically at least) open. It was rightly closed to outside tourism bar a quarantine system. Had you lived in the UK you would have seen the true horrors. 

Edited by DonniePeverley
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

You are putting words into my mouth. I love immigrants. I think they are the best part of America. I find alot of white Americans to be quite boring, and many are like an empty suit. I mean that partially in jest, so you guys to not have to start defending our race. LOL.

19 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This will not happen. Far too many Thais would abandon Thailand and stay in Europe. There would be a mass exodus. 

I really don't know what to make of that comment you wrote.  Don't too many Europeans leave Europe and live in Thailand? If yes, why do you do the things you are afraid of? Wasn't there a mass exodus in Thailand? The mass exodus is still happening. I don't think we should be hypocritical. Whatever Thailand is offering us, we should reciprocate.  

Frankly, I don't think the visa agreement will be implemented. It's a classic European bait-and-switch strategy.  

9 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I am not fearful of any sort of immigration one way or another, I happen to love immigrants, people of color and the whole diaspora, in general. What I was simply making a comment on is that many Thais are very dissatisfied with the way things are progressing or the total lack of progress, to be more specific. If the European Zone was open to them I think a huge numbers would try to emigrate to Europe, that's all I was trying to say. No hypocrisy there. 

I think you should be afraid of migrants. I don't know who determines your policies. An educated Thai with a university degree cannot even get a tourist visa to go to Europe, but the same Europe gives a residence permit to a bearded jihadist. You have to accept this risk of mass migration. Because you did the same thing in their country. That's all I want to say.