Where we might find aliens in the next decade

Social Media

Interesting. Not a single comment asking if they are already here? I've studied the subject of Ufology for over 30 years and without a shadow of a doubt Earth has in the past and still is being visited by many different forms of advanced non human intelligence. Granted I can't prove this claim with a physical ship or entity but the disclosure of the biggest conspiracy in human history is getting closer with each passing year. The evidence is multi faceted and with a high strangeness factor way beyond physical nuts and bolts craft with physical pilots from a distant solar system or even a different galaxy entirely. How about the possibility of interdimensional visitors, using tech that appears as magic to us and so far from our frame of reference maybe it's not even possible for us to fathom it out. Something akin to a human trying to explain an iPhone to a Dolphin for example. Both are 'allegedly' intelligent creatures but a virtually impossible task in practical terms. I should add that I've heard all the banal leg pulling comments before and I'm surely going to hear them all over again after posting this. There has been a few above already, haven't heard the one about Klingons being spotted around Uranus yet, but give it time the thread is still new.

Personally speaking the fact that the hundreds of thousands of UFO or now known as UAP reports are dismissed out of hand by the vast majority tells me more about human belief systems and perceptions than if the evidence actually points to a non-human interaction with Earth or not. There's a bit of a paradox involved with the UFO/UAP phenomena. If you want your mind blown you need to look deeply into the overwhelming volumes of reports and sightings, after which it then becomes clear something very strange is going on. Yet to look into these reports you have to have a deep interested in the first place, otherwise all of your information and therefore your perceptions will be from the conspiracy theory main stream narratives and we all know how that works in human society. Money power and control.

Personally speaking I don't believe the fact that non human intelligences have and are interacting with Earth has anything to do with the shock this would have on society that we are not alone. I think after getting over the initial OMG moment it would all become pretty mundane stuff. No, the reason it has been and continues to be the biggest secret in human history is the tech.

Think about it. Free energy would turn the capitalist's everything has a price system on it's head in a virtual instant, the parasite class Elite want to remain the Elite and they will do everything in their power to keep it so. Can't have the ants running around free, they must be kept on the control treadmill or where will we all end up.

Conclusion. Non human visitors, no big deal, their tech is the problem.  

Edited by Conno
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Conno said:

Interesting. Not a single comment asking if they are already here? I've studied the subject of Ufology for over 30 years and without a shadow of a doubt

One way to waste time on planet earth 🌏 Common sense there have not been any visitors to planet earth, and the reason is quite simple. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Conno said:

Interesting. Not a single comment asking if they are already here? I've studied the subject of Ufology for over 30 years and without a shadow of a doubt Earth has in the past and still is being visited by many different forms of advanced non human intelligence. Granted I can't prove this claim with a physical ship or entity but the disclosure of the biggest conspiracy in human history is getting closer with each passing year. The evidence is multi faceted and with a high strangeness factor way beyond physical nuts and bolts craft with physical pilots from a distant solar system or even a different galaxy entirely. How about the possibility of interdimensional visitors, using tech that appears as magic to us and so far from our frame of reference maybe it's not even possible for us to fathom it out. Something akin to a human trying to explain an iPhone to a Dolphin for example. Both are 'allegedly' intelligent creatures but a virtually impossible task in practical terms. I should add that I've heard all the banal leg pulling comments before and I'm surely going to hear them all over again after posting this. There has been a few above already, haven't heard the one about Klingons being spotted around Uranus yet, but give it time the thread is still new.

Personally speaking the fact that the hundreds of thousands of UFO or now known as UAP reports are dismissed out of hand by the vast majority tells me more about human belief systems and perceptions than if the evidence actually points to a non-human interaction with Earth or not. There's a bit of a paradox involved with the UFO/UAP phenomena. If you want your mind blown you need to look deeply into the overwhelming volumes of reports and sightings, after which it then becomes clear something very strange is going on. Yet to look into these reports you have to have a deep interested in the first place, otherwise all of your information and therefore your perceptions will be from the conspiracy theory main stream narratives and we all know how that works in human society. Money power and control.

Personally speaking I don't believe the fact that non human intelligences have and are interacting with Earth has anything to do with the shock this would have on society that we are not alone. I think after getting over the initial OMG moment it would all become pretty mundane stuff. No, the reason it has been and continues to be the biggest secret in human history is the tech.

Think about it. Free energy would turn the capitalist's everything has a price system on it's head in a virtual instant, the parasite class Elite want to remain the Elite and they will do everything in their power to keep it so. Can't have the ants running around free, they must be kept on the control treadmill or where will we all end up.

I too was involved with UFO investigations a long time ago and specifically did a report on VI reports (including those I investigated personally.) They were the most interesting cases because they involved physical analysis. Some got classified by the military and analysis could not be done after that. But it was clear that some defied normal explanation.

However, I think the general point here is that we are really discussing Aliens being discovered and the general public becomes aware that we are not alone in the universe. That point has not yet been reached so that for the present it remains a matter of 'belief'.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, animalmagic said:

It's obvious there is intelligent life out there..........they haven't made contact with us!

They would have if there was intelligent life here:tongue:

16 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Whilst I may like the idea of intelligent life out there, I am somewhat of the opinion that we may actually be the most intelligent species out there. My reasoning would be that the only life out there that could be seen as ultra intelligent would be one that would have had to have survived any initial 'big bang' (my own opinion is the big bang being and exploding black hole). 

If we assume that ALL life starts the same with water, heat , etc and it all follows the same live of amoeba, fish, reptile, dinosaur/mammal, etc then there may well be many many planets out there that have huge amounts of wildlife but no intelligent species.

Humans evolved supposedly to the most intelligent life mainly I suspect due to the deaths of the dinosaurs via meteorite hit , etc. So unless an event like this happed that mirrored our own planet..................

If, there is life out there that we could communicate with it would probably be reptile in origin and we may well find ourselves at war with them as they  would view us as food, in the same way that KFC would accidentally start an intersteller war if the intelligent life out their is chicken descended 

If you really analyze your statement deeply, it is one containing a spectacular level of arrogance and a very earthling oriented opinion.

To my mind the possibility that we're the only advanced civilization in the universe is bizarre and incorrect to a unscientific degree. 

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, Conno said:

Nah most people just are a bit too rational to believe in crackpot conspiracy theories. Luckily 🙂

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, parallelman said:

I too was involved with UFO investigations a long time ago and specifically did a report on VI reports (including those I investigated personally.) They were the most interesting cases because they involved physical analysis. Some got classified by the military and analysis could not be done after that. But it was clear that some defied normal explanation.

However, I think the general point here is that we are really discussing Aliens being discovered and the general public becomes aware that we are not alone in the universe. That point has not yet been reached so that for the present it remains a matter of 'belief'.

The reason why it is a matter of belief is the fact that there is zero verifiable evidence. Some peoples belief is a bit too strong though and so they think that such evidence exists but is being hidden from us by "them" in power.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Yes, I agree with all you say. In the history of the earth (3.8 billion years) it took a relatively few million years for life to appear, and then much longer for complex & then intelligent life to appear.  On the basis that many many planets throughout our galaxy and the couple of trillion other galaxies we are aware of have existed for billions of years longer than earth, then the likelihood that there is life and complex life and intelligent life on millions or billions of planets throughout the cosmos is quite high.

With one proviso: The development of life and complex and intelligent life does require great stability over billions of years in each case. That stability is not always available.

I hope (at age 74) to be alive when the first open & publicised visit from the neighbours takes place. The chances are they will be friendly & peaceable (not nasty & colonizing as it likely would be if we were doing the visiting). The effects on religious belief here on earth will be fascinating, in particular the notion of an earth-centered God will appear laughable given the size (probably infinite) and duration (probably eternal) of the cosmos.

The Earth is 4.6 billion years old.  The first life forms we are aware of are 3.7 billion years old.  Even so, unless intelligent lifeforms were close enough to see the Earth, there would have been few clues that life existed here from even the nearest planetary systems - analysis of the sharp rise in oxygen in the atmosphere once photosynthesis got going (around 3.3 billion years ago) would have been one, but would in no way have indicated that intelligent life existed here.

The thing to consider is scale.  As Douglas Adams said, “Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.”  The first clues to our existence would be from radio waves broadcast into space.  The first broadcast was in 1835, but that had only a 2 km range.  The first broadcast to another planet was to Venus in 1962.  The first broadcast intentionally made to another star system was the Arecibo message, in 1974.  It was aimed at the M13 cluster, some 25,000 light years away.  Given that it has now travelled the grand distance of 50 light years (happy anniversary), it will be some time before we get a reply.  Even if some of the relatively stronger signals from the 1920's are still propagating through space, they'll only have reached a sphere of 200 light years diameter, as illustrated by the following schematic showing the Milky Way.  Our radio signals have covered a volume inside the blue dot. (Not to be confused with Sagan's "pale blue dot", which is another pointer to our insignificance in the Solar System, let alone the galaxy, let alone the universe). And to get a reply by now, they would have to be half that distance away, for the return signal to reach us in that time:

milky-way-map-radio-signals.jpg

Galactic Map of Every Human Radio Broadcast - How Far Have Our Signals Traveled Into Space? (popularmechanics.com)

Even if the universe is teaming with intelligent life, it will be some time before they even know we're here, and even longer before they can do anything about it.  By the time we get a return message, the human race will likely be long gone.

Two things are required by other intelligent life if they are already here: faster than light speed travel, and faster than light speed communications - not using the electromagnetic spectrum, or we would have detected them by now.  Who knows what discoveries a far more advanced civilisation than ours will have made?  We can only guess, because we certainly haven't developed them.  It's also highly likely that the window between intelligent life evolving and going extinct on any given planet is a relatively small one comparted to the age of the universe, so given the vast size, and vast time periods we're dealing with, the chances of multiple civilisations all coexisting within spatial range at the same time, are likely very low.

The headline of this thread specifically states "aliens", but the body of the OP discusses finding simple, likely single celled, life forms on places like Mars, Europa, and Enceladus.  The term "aliens", as compared to "alien life forms", suggests intelligence, rather than bacterial.  I'd say, given the probes planned and already launched, we have our best chance of finding simple life forms on another planet, or moon, in the next decades.  In fact, I'd go as far to say, we have our only chance.  If we don't discover any in that period, the probability of them existing drops enormously.  In my opinion, the odds are likely better than even that we do find simple life elsewhere in the Solar System in the next decade or two, but vey small that we find evidence of intelligent life elsewhere in the Milky Way, and near zero in another galaxy, in the same time period.  Even if they are teaming with it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ballpoint said:

The Earth is 4.6 billion years old.  The first life forms we are aware of are 3.7 billion years old.  Even so, unless intelligent lifeforms were close enough to see the Earth, there would have been few clues that life existed here from even the nearest planetary systems - analysis of the sharp rise in oxygen in the atmosphere once photosynthesis got going (around 3.3 billion years ago) would have been one, but would in no way have indicated that intelligent life existed here.

The thing to consider is scale.  As Douglas Adams said, “Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.”  The first clues to our existence would be from radio waves broadcast into space.  The first broadcast was in 1835, but that had only a 2 km range.  The first broadcast to another planet was to Venus in 1962.  The first broadcast intentionally made to another star system was the Arecibo message, in 1974.  It was aimed at the M13 cluster, some 25,000 light years away.  Given that it has now travelled the grand distance of 50 light years (happy anniversary), it will be some time before we get a reply.  Even if some of the relatively stronger signals from the 1920's are still propagating through space, they'll only have reached a sphere of 200 light years diameter, as illustrated by the following schematic showing the Milky Way.  Our radio signals have covered a volume inside the blue dot. (Not to be confused with Sagan's "pale blue dot", which is another pointer to our insignificance in the Solar System, let alone the galaxy, let alone the universe). And to get a reply by now, they would have to be half that distance away, for the return signal to reach us in that time:

milky-way-map-radio-signals.jpg

Galactic Map of Every Human Radio Broadcast - How Far Have Our Signals Traveled Into Space? (popularmechanics.com)

Even if the universe is teaming with intelligent life, it will be some time before they even know we're here, and even longer before they can do anything about it.  By the time we get a return message, the human race will likely be long gone.

Two things are required by other intelligent life if they are already here: faster than light speed travel, and faster than light speed communications - not using the electromagnetic spectrum, or we would have detected them by now.  Who knows what discoveries a far more advanced civilisation than ours will have made?  We can only guess, because we certainly haven't developed them.  It's also highly likely that the window between intelligent life evolving and going extinct on any given planet is a relatively small one comparted to the age of the universe, so given the vast size, and vast time periods we're dealing with, the chances of multiple civilisations all coexisting within spatial range at the same time, are likely very low.

The headline of this thread specifically states "aliens", but the body of the OP discusses finding simple, likely single celled, life forms on places like Mars, Europa, and Enceladus.  The term "aliens", as compared to "alien life forms", suggests intelligence, rather than bacterial.  I'd say, given the probes planned and already launched, we have our best chance of finding simple life forms on another planet, or moon, in the next decades.  In fact, I'd go as far to say, we have our only chance.  If we don't discover any in that period, the probability of them existing drops enormously.  In my opinion, the odds are likely better than even that we do find simple life elsewhere in the Solar System in the next decade or two, but vey small that we find evidence of intelligent life elsewhere in the Milky Way, and near zero in another galaxy, in the same time period.  Even if they are teaming with it.

Very good post, thank you. I can only repeat that most people don't fathom the crazy distances when talking about the universe. Combine that with the fact that the fastest way of communication (electromagnetic waves) is actually quite slow when talking astronomical scales. Compared to the cosmic calendar we're just a blink of an eye long when it comes to being technologically advanced to send or receive signals.

• Like 1

If you believe aliens built the pyramids? Why on earth build the most complicated resource demanding building with obviously no purpose? 

Im tempted to believe we live in a stimulation, and someone F with us, but really? 

31 minutes ago, Hummin said:

If you believe aliens built the pyramids? Why on earth build the most complicated resource demanding building with obviously no purpose? 

Im tempted to believe we live in a stimulation, and someone F with us, but really? 

Clearly there is more than one way to waste your time on planet earth then! I'm not the only one. 

Can I edit your sentence a little so that it makes more sense.

Why on earth build the most complicated resource demanding building for a purpose that isn't obvious. 

They had a purpose for sure but what that was isn't obvious to us today but speculation. Have you visited them? I went in the early 2000s and they are incredible. I for one am not saying they were built by aliens but they were built with a tech and for a purpose that's alien to us today. The thing that struck me was that modern Cairo's building were falling apart left right and center and most of them probably hadn't been up for much more than 50 years. Whoever built the Giza complex were not using modern day building methods and the methods they were using weren't local ones in my opinion. Didn't broadcast that much at the time as it tends to upset the locals.   

4 minutes ago, Conno said:

Didn't broadcast that much at the time as it tends to upset the locals.   

😁

Well my point is, being realistic, and not jump to conclusions that can not be proven. What you describing is a belief in something, and that is ok.

I have a friend who is architect and got the pyramids on his mind. Quite interesting theory he have

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/09/100924084615.htm

Interesting but still doesn't answer the biggest question. Why bother?

Plus the 10,000 illiterate slaves theory is just a belief too. That just doesn't gel for me.

Edited by Conno

19 minutes ago, Conno said:

Clearly there is more than one way to waste your time on planet earth then! I'm not the only one. 

Can I edit your sentence a little so that it makes more sense.

Why on earth build the most complicated resource demanding building for a purpose that isn't obvious. 

They had a purpose for sure but what that was isn't obvious to us today but speculation. Have you visited them? I went in the early 2000s and they are incredible. I for one am not saying they were built by aliens but they were built with a tech and for a purpose that's alien to us today. The thing that struck me was that modern Cairo's building were falling apart left right and center and most of them probably hadn't been up for much more than 50 years. Whoever built the Giza complex were not using modern day building methods and the methods they were using weren't local ones in my opinion. Didn't broadcast that much at the time as it tends to upset the locals.   

APEX: Retracing the Egyptian Pyramids https://a.co/d/9tWFfct

There is a documentary somewhere but do not have time to find it now

Edited by Hummin
  • Thanks 1

Hope the moderators don't feel talking about Giza is too far off topic? The title of the thread is 'Where we might find aliens in the next decade' after all.

My answer to that is most likely in our own back yard, however difficult to contemplate that may seems to normies lol.

Edited by Conno

2 minutes ago, Conno said:

Hope the moderators doesn't feel talking about Giza is too far off topic? The title of the thread is 'Where we might find aliens in the next decade' after all.

My answer to that is most likely in our own back yard however difficult that may seems to normies lol.

So true, all life on earth is alien 😁

Everything coming from space, all elements, and most possible life as well

Would be interested in watching the documentary related to your friends research as I'm very unlikely to actually buy the book. If you can find it again of course.

4 hours ago, eisfeld said:

The reason why it is a matter of belief is the fact that there is zero verifiable evidence. Some peoples belief is a bit too strong though and so they think that such evidence exists but is being hidden from us by "them" in power.

Hmm, I don't think it is quite like that. Only a very small % of those reports I investigated were interesting and that most people knew very little about what was more than a short distance above their head. The planet Venus was one the most reported objects back then along with lenticular-like cloud formations. (As a side note, it does surprise me how many people automatically think that people who investigate such reports are 'believers' themselves. Yes there are some but even here there is an ulterior motive... like getting media attention...while most are knowledgeable about Astronomy and related topics. It is also a way to get to know about human nature and meet some interesting people...well it used to be.)

52 minutes ago, Conno said:

Would be interested in watching the documentary related to your friends research as I'm very unlikely to actually buy the book. If you can find it again of course.

I do not find it on imd, so most likely not an international one. So if a norwegian production, it is 13 years old, and in the achieves somewhere.

Cant find any traces of it now. Strange

Back to my point, if aliens with great technology managing to travel through deep space, build a pyramid (which is the simplest standing construction and out of obviously reasons for the time  being, to most likely shape to build. Looking padt the complexity of the size of course for the time being. 

If high tech alien, why granite? Why pyramid, what for? Could it be a shelter? Bunker, protecting people for what? This is the questions I ask. Grave chamber? What a waste of time, 

If there where anchiant giants, why no traces? If Aliens, why no traces? 

One interssting theory, is moving things with sound/vibrations frequencies, but still, to many unanswered questions. 

Where is the tools used, why no descriptions? 

Do we live in a simulation, and someone poke us? 😄

32 minutes ago, Hummin said:

You can't use that for interstellar travel. The reason why it can keep the balls from falling down is because the device itself is standing on the ground. It just keeps the balls locked to its own position by creating pockes of low and high pressures in the air.

2 hours ago, eisfeld said:

You can't use that for interstellar travel. The reason why it can keep the balls from falling down is because the device itself is standing on the ground. It just keeps the balls locked to its own position by creating pockes of low and high pressures in the air.

I understand the principle, and it was not ment for interstellar travel

"However, some researchers believe that the Egyptians used frequency and vibration to accomplish this feat. They may have used sound waves to vibrate the stone, making it easier to move. They may have also used sound waves to cut and shape the stone, as well as to levitate it into place"

But as they say, they have found no proofs it is possible with heavy weights 

Still a unknown mystery, who and how the great pyramids was built. 

26 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I understand the principle, and it was not ment for interstellar travel

"However, some researchers believe that the Egyptians used frequency and vibration to accomplish this feat. They may have used sound waves to vibrate the stone, making it easier to move. They may have also used sound waves to cut and shape the stone, as well as to levitate it into place"

But as they say, they have found no proofs it is possible with heavy weights 

Still a unknown mystery, who and how the great pyramids was built. 

Sounds a bit ridicolous to me that the egyptians used sound. How would they even have generated the necessary power which is a multiple of the energy needed to just mechanically lift the stones? And if they had such advanced tech then why is there no evidence of it and why did it disappear (as you mentioned)? Just crackpottery imho.

The most reasonable explanation that I've seen is that they just put sand/earth as ramps and then pull the stones over something that enables them to roll. After they are in place they can remove the sand/earth and just the pyramid remains. Requires no tech and is just a lot of manual labor. And slave labor they had aplenty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eisfeld said:

Sounds a bit ridicolous to me that the egyptians used sound. How would they even have generated the necessary power which is a multiple of the energy needed to just mechanically lift the stones? And if they had such advanced tech then why is there no evidence of it and why did it disappear (as you mentioned)? Just crackpottery imho.

The most reasonable explanation that I've seen is that they just put sand/earth as ramps and then pull the stones over something that enables them to roll. After they are in place they can remove the sand/earth and just the pyramid remains. Requires no tech and is just a lot of manual labor. And slave labor they had aplenty.

Take a look at this picture. How far out would those sand/earth ramps have needed to be to facilitate a reasonable incline angle where manual labor slaves would have had even a chance of hauling tonnage weight blocks up them? If made of earth or sand the weight would have been as great if not greater then the pyramids they were constructing. Would a sand/ earth ramp of such scale even be possible without collapsing in on itself? Therefore it would need to be built from a material that was very similar to the pyramids themselves. Then you have to ask, what happened to all the material that was used to build these ramps after they were finished? I'm familiar with the stepped ramp theory also and the internal one, they all seem to be clutching at straws in my book. Easy to just say ramps and slaves then sit back on the sofa feeling it's all solved. Bit more of a tricky issue to answer than that I feel. Bottom line is nobody has a clue how they were built and for what purpose. The mystery is more than half of what makes them so spectacular in the first place. image.png.1d606cbe42b351e423480e1b028620a4.png

2 hours ago, Conno said:

Take a look at this picture. How far out would those sand/earth ramps have needed to be to facilitate a reasonable incline angle where manual labor slaves would have had even a chance of hauling tonnage weight blocks up them? If made of earth or sand the weight would have been as great if not greater then the pyramids they were constructing. Would a sand/ earth ramp of such scale even be possible without collapsing in on itself?

Why do you think the ramp would collapse in on itself? Have you ever seen a ramp from sand/earth that did that? It doesn't. The amount is nothing crazy, 2-3x the volume of the pyramids themselves? If they can source *stone* on that volume than sourcing sand and earth in that volume is trivial.

2 hours ago, Conno said:

Therefore it would need to be built from a material that was very similar to the pyramids themselves.

Nope. See above.

2 hours ago, Conno said:

Then you have to ask, what happened to all the material that was used to build these ramps after they were finished?

Put it back from where they took it in the vicinity?

2 hours ago, Conno said:

Easy to just say ramps and slaves then sit back on the sofa feeling it's all solved. Bit more of a tricky issue to answer than that I feel.

Why do you think it's so much more difficult?

2 hours ago, Conno said:

Bottom line is nobody has a clue how they were built and for what purpose.

That's not true. The purpose was to show off power, some used them as tombs and they also had religous significance.

They really are not that mysterious. The guys had the power, knowledge, resources and were crazy enough to build these. Nothing to do with aliens, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, Conno said:

Well you have it all sorted then, congrats you can jump back on ya sofa now all contented like. Did I say they were built by Aliens? Nope. 

Thanks for the compliments. A friendly reminder from my sofa: the topic is where we might find aliens.