Big honkin' Navigator screens available in Thailand for retrofit?

For years, I have loved my Garmin Magellan GPS navigators with 6 and 7" screens.  Both in Thailand and in the USA, they worked great, though they didn't warn of traffic jams ahead.  

And I also liked using my Motorola smartphone with Google maps, which did warn of traffic jams ahead.  Again, a 6-7" screen.  Lately, I've spent a lot of time in Chinese taxis, mostly EVs that have beautiful 12" and larger navigation screens.  Not only do they point out traffic ahead, they also tell the driver how long before that next light turns green or red.  I can even see the screens from the back seat where I often ride.  They beat the crap out of my 6-7" Garmins for ease of seeing what's going on at a quick glance.  To the point of envy on my part. 

My question is whether anyone can recommend an aftermarket navigator that's available in Thailand with big honkin' screen for an old fart like myself.  I found quite a few on Lazada, but I'm not sure they're compatible with Google Maps (or any other navigation app).  And the solution may even be simpler, buying a nice bright 10"- 15" LTE Android tablet and figuring out how to mount it on the dash or console.  So what I'm really looking for is input from guys who have good (or bad) luck with configurations they've actually tried in Thailand.  Preferably solutions that don't include ponying up the cost of a new EV or ICE...  That's a separate decision.

Also handy would be suggestions for traffic apps that may work better in Thailand than Google Maps (if there are any).  Thanks in advance for any helpful input.

I think most of the aftermarket head units available here with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay have only 7 inch screens. 

If you want a really large screen, you will likely have to go with a tablet and a windshield/dash suction or vent mount.

I have tried using Waze as an alternative to Google Maps on my iPhone and it does have some features that Google Maps does not, but I've gone back to Google Maps.

On 3/15/2024 at 1:59 PM, impulse said:

Also handy would be suggestions for traffic apps that may work better in Thailand than Google Maps (if there are any).  Thanks in advance for any helpful input.

Maps.me, and petal maps. Both very very good, on android... can't say on ios.1

• Like 1