Interview with Time is enjoyable but more questions about politics were expected: PM

snoop1130

time-1024x576.jpg

Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin wrote on his X account today that Time Magazine came to interview him in the middle of February, seeking to cover political issues since the new prime minister took office, saying that he was to be the main focus of their article.

“The interview was enjoyable, although I anticipated more questions about Thailand’s politics. Instead, they were interested in Thailand’s standpoint, under my leadership, on controversial issues in world politics.”

He reaffirmed to Time Thailand’s commitment to remaining unbiased.

Full story: Thai PBS 2024-03-15

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

1000x500-3.png

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Crossy said:

If a politician, any politician, "enjoyed" an interview with the media, there was something very seriously wrong with the interview technique.

Or there had been, er, "suggestions" about what to ask (in a plain brown envelope) ...

Biden enjoys his soft interviews but you are right. They should be tougher.

• Confused 2

Rather revealing, reflective and typical of the likes Time/Life - somewhat championing the romance of the underhanded and corrupt manner of how he got here....never challenging or questioning the historic circumstances and delusions that is politic Thai. 

• Agree 2

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“The interview was enjoyable, although I anticipated more questions about Thailand’s politics. Instead, they were interested in Thailand’s standpoint, under my leadership, on controversial issues in world politics.”

Maybe they thought asking about Thai politics would get them into a defamation case.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JoePai said:

Worth a read, quite a damning article

Indeed.

It would have been a good idea for some earlier contributors on this thread to have actually read it before MSNphobic auto-heckling.

Edited by Enoon
  • Agree 1