Israeli woman detained in Thailand for unauthorised nursery

webfact

8 hours ago, Mayhem11 said:

The offence here is about licensing only. Don’t get your panties in a twist guys.

That's my question.  Would it have been possible for them to get licensed and WP'ed up?   Or is child care a Thai only occupation?

Because it's gonna be tough to attract foreign companies if you're not going to allow them to care for and educate their employees' kids to their own countries' standards.  For most parents of small kids, child care is a make or break factor for deciding whether to accept a foreign posting.

Edit:  And whether it's just a formality or not, please take me out back and put me out of my misery if I get petty enough to scream for anyone's deportation just for WP violations.

Edited by impulse
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Do you know how difficult it is for most Thais to enter the EU / UK, let alone work there? Does the Schengen agreement help Thais get jobs in the EU? 🤦‍♂️

Why should Schengen help anybody to get a job?? Is Thailand helping people who live here to get a job?? Besides When you have a long term visa than you can work in almost any job you want as here in Thailand only allowed to work in 1 job and all the rest is working without a work permit.. Best example was the Norwegian woman who had a workpermit as a manager but was not allowed to drop of some people at the airport an was arrested for that... How outdated can laws be??

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, impulse said:

That's my question.  Would it have been possible for them to get licensed and WP'ed up? 

Yes, it is possible and happens all of the time.

This lady bypassed the rules and laws.

A common reason for bypassing the rules in these situations is the lack of any qualifications.

Her nationality is irrelevant. Just a journalist's trick to pad out the articles.

3 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Yes, it is possible and happens all of the time.

This lady bypassed the rules and laws.

A common reason for bypassing the rules in these situations is the lack of any qualifications.

Her nationality is irrelevant. Just a journalist's trick to pad out the articles.

I'd be curious to hear from someone who has gone through that process.  How high are the hurdles?  I know in some countries I've worked in, the cost of licensing a daycare is so high that it's not a viable stand-alone business.  The multi-national companies have to subsidize (and provide legal services for) the daycare, so they can attract the talent they need to operate.

9 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Over the past 25 plus years in Thailand it seems things have become more of a hassle for the average law-abiding foreign tourist, retiree, or resident.  Maybe I am wrong?

You can say she was just running a harm less nursery, but why Why can't foreigners on KPN take care of their own kids during the day?

Too busy working illegally?

I think these types of foreign criminals are partly to blame for most every hassle I now encounter in Thailand. .

Stop mollycoddling and making excuses for the crims.

A huge problem in Bali, russians don't want their slimy misbehaved little kids to get any social exposure outside of their twisted arrogant communist mindset.

22 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

With a Schengen visa for a long time you don't need a work permit... Workpermits are only given for people who do jobs Thais can't do here in Thailand and as Thai can do everything it is very difficult to get a work permit and have to wait at least 2 months. Outdated laws indeed.. Thailand keeps everything  teh same and doesn't renew at all

A Schengen visa does not allow you to work. 

who would trust those? their parents must be insane or completely @#%ed-up.
what a weird mix of jobless foreigners.

send them to Southern Tiger for some chill-out. That will re-adjust their perception on Thailand and easy money

Edited by NativeBob
  • Confused 1