Change of Visa type in Thailand?

I have been on a dependent visa for the last 6-7 years, based on taking care of my son. He will however move out of Thailand shortly and I wonder if I can change my visa type in Thailand to a retirement visa without leaving the country?
If so which form needs to be filled out?

What papers are needed at CW for retirement visa in 2024?

Thank you

14 minutes ago, Topprofile said:

So same form, just change the reason at next extension.

Just be aware, though, that the change of reason will result in your next extension being dated from when you apply for it rather than from when your current permission to stay subsequently expires. Thereafter, subject to there being no further changes to the reason, future extensions will, once again, be dated from when your latest permission to stay expires.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, OJAS said:

the change of reason will result in your next extension being dated from when you apply for it rather than from when your current permission to stay subsequently expires

As confirmed by @MJCM in the following thread, based on personal experience:

@Topprofile

Assuming you're 50+ years of age.

You need to complete the application form TM7 and state the reason as 'retirement 

TM 7 Application for Extension of Stay.pdf 

You must meet the financial requirements for an extension permit based on retirement, of which there are 3/4 options dependent on nationality.
327-2557 (2014) - Criteria for extension ENG.pdf

35-2561 (2019 (changed clause 2.22 of 327-2557 ENG.pdf 
1. Minimum of 65K income per month via two methods:
a) 12 x 65K monthly overseas transfers to a Thai bank account.
b) Embassy Income letter (not available to nationals of the UK, USA, or Australians).

2. 800K deposited in a Thai bank account for 2 months prior to the date of application.

3. A combination of funds and annual income totalling, 800K on the date of application.

This is a universal list of documents required for an extension application based on retirement, and not specific to any individual Immigration office.

Docs Extension of Stay based on Retirement.pdf 

@DrJack54 may be able to comment on my document checklist specifically for use at CW.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, OJAS said:

As confirmed by @MJCM in the following thread, based on personal experience:

MJCM is listing documents for an extension based on Thai spouse, but he and OJAS are correct in that when changing the reason of stay, the new extension will be dated from the date of submitting the new application. When I applied for an extension based on Thai spouse (from retirement) 14 days prior to my extension expiring, I was informed if I submitted it that day, the new extension, once approved would be dated from the date of submission due to changing the reason of the extension. He said I could come back in 14 days, but I wasn't messing around obtaining an updated KR2 and bank letter/statement, so proceeded.

2 hours ago, Liquorice said:

@Topprofile

Assuming you're 50+ years of age.

You need to complete the application form TM7 and state the reason as 'retirement 

TM 7 Application for Extension of Stay.pdf 137.22 kB · 0 downloads  

You must meet the financial requirements for an extension permit based on retirement, of which there are 3/4 options dependent on nationality.
327-2557 (2014) - Criteria for extension ENG.pdf

35-2561 (2019 (changed clause 2.22 of 327-2557 ENG.pdf 
1. Minimum of 65K income per month via two methods:
a) 12 x 65K monthly overseas transfers to a Thai bank account.
b) Embassy Income letter (not available to nationals of the UK, USA, or Australians).

2. 800K deposited in a Thai bank account for 2 months prior to the date of application.

3. A combination of funds and annual income totalling, 800K on the date of application.

This is a universal list of documents required for an extension application based on retirement, and not specific to any individual Immigration office.

Docs Extension of Stay based on Retirement.pdf 63.36 kB · 1 download  

@DrJack54 may be able to comment on my document checklist specifically for use at CW.

Thanks alot!

• Thanks 1

@Topprofile if for some reason immigration gives you issues re financials etc, keep in mind that you can border bounce and reenter visa exempt.

Then obtain non O retirement at immigration and subsequent 12 month extension.