What Paperwork Is Needed

Larryst

...small brown ones featuring the King's portrait?

You'll need proof of address, either letter from immigration/embassy or trebian baan.

Probably a stupid question, but what's a "trebian baan". A search for this on TV search produces no results. Odd.

I'm thinking on buying a new truck within a few months. I plan on paying cash. What paperwork do I need (besides passport) to register it in my name.

Here are the details from one of TV's sponsers > Expat Motors

As for the trebian bahn, should be tambian bahn.

Whatever you want to call it you won't have one as you are not Thai - it is the house book.

You'll need a non immigrant visa and a letter from immigration showing where you live. If you rent, take your lease otherwise your condo docs.

If you don't want to pay cash, there are some good offers with about 40%+ down, balance over a few years. Play them off against each other, even one dealer against another. Make stuff up but not so much that you cannot backtrack.

Whatever you want to call it you won't have one as you are not Thai - it is the house book.

You'll need a non immigrant visa and a letter from immigration showing where you live. If you rent, take your lease otherwise your condo docs.

If you don't want to pay cash, there are some good offers with about 40%+ down, balance over a few years. Play them off against each other, even one dealer against another. Make stuff up but not so much that you cannot backtrack.

I guess I might have to get a proof of address from the embassy. Since I live up north at my liveins village. Nothing in my name here to show I live here. Once I get a proof of address from the embasy. Do I have to take it to immigration for additional paperwork?

Edited by Larryst

Save a trip to Bangkok and Save Money. Why pay money to "prove" your residency at your Embassy, if you can obtain a "Yellow House Book". This book is free, can be obtained in about one day if you are lucky, often a few days. You do not have to "own" any condo, business or property to obtain a yellow House book. It is a proof of residence issued by the Thailand Government on a local level. If you do buy a new truck, my advise would be for the dealer to handle the registration at the land transport office once your "white plates" come in. I think you might need a "visa", rather than just a passport to have a truck in your name. Good luck and check out the links suggested earlier on this post and on Thai Visa Forum postings for the "Yellow House Book".

Save a trip to Bangkok and Save Money. Why pay money to "prove" your residency at your Embassy, if you can obtain a "Yellow House Book". This book is free, can be obtained in about one day if you are lucky, often a few days. You do not have to "own" any condo, business or property to obtain a yellow House book. It is a proof of residence issued by the Thailand Government on a local level. If you do buy a new truck, my advise would be for the dealer to handle the registration at the land transport office once your "white plates" come in. I think you might need a "visa", rather than just a passport to have a truck in your name. Good luck and check out the links suggested earlier on this post and on Thai Visa Forum postings for the "Yellow House Book".

After doing some check about the process of obtaining a Yellow House Book. It seems like it's a pain in the a*s to get one. The trouble is the house I built here is on my liveins grandma's land (government land). My livein couldn't even get the land put in her name. Because of the land office.

I think it might be easier to get a Embassy Letter notarized document confirming your name and address in Thailand. Since i'll have to get a new notorized letter from the embassy about my income & annuities for renewing my retirement visa. Then have MFA stamp both documents at the same time. Will this work?

Also when I do buy a new truck. I'll put the down payment and will pay the balance once the dealership does the registration in my name.

Edited by Larryst

I guess I might have to get a proof of address from the embassy. Since I live up north at my liveins village. Nothing in my name here to show I live here.

That's not always a problem. :o They may actually just take your word for it. Worst case is making the house owner sign something that states you live there, and include a copy of his/her ID card (signed) as well as a copy of his/her tabian ban. (House registration booklet. :D , also signed every page of the copy)

I guess I might have to get a proof of address from the embassy. Since I live up north at my liveins village. Nothing in my name here to show I live here.

That's not always a problem. :D They may actually just take your word for it. Worst case is making the house owner sign something that states you live there, and include a copy of his/her ID card (signed) as well as a copy of his/her tabian ban. (House registration booklet. :D , also signed every page of the copy)

hi , i just bought a new nissan in my name i went with my wife to imigration at udon thani with my passport and visa my wife gave them proof of address i payed 1000b :o and was o.k at the showroom i payed 2000b deposit pick up was ready to collect in 2 weeks no problems ... :D

That's not always a problem. :D They may actually just take your word for it. Worst case is making the house owner sign something that states you live there, and include a copy of his/her ID card (signed) as well as a copy of his/her tabian ban. (House registration booklet. :D , also signed every page of the copy)

hi , i just bought a new nissan in my name i went with my wife to imigration at udon thani with my passport and visa my wife gave them proof of address i payed 1000b :o and was o.k at the showroom i payed 2000b deposit pick up was ready to collect in 2 weeks no problems ... :D

Now that seems the easy way to do it. I'm sure the dealership will do there best to get it in my name. Otherwise they will lose a full cash sell.

Another alternative is to get a letter of proof of address from your local amphur. Take wifey/girlfriend etc along with the housebook and they should give you one, letter that is.

My local Dept of Land and Transport will not accept the Embassy letter as proof of address!

Only 2,000 baht deposit!!!!

Only 2,000 baht deposit!!!!

hi again.... i forgot to say when i payed my 2000b deposit and choose colour , thats when i asked for and GOT the extra,s back linner , crome bumper , upraterd c.d player ( multyplayer ) and 1 years 1st class insurance .. i hope that helps ...martyn.