Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Thailand’s cannabis sector faces threat from recreational use ban

webfact

1 hour ago, smedly said:

not soon enough 

Why? All in all it's a less harmful drug than alcohol and tabacco and methamphetamine is in a whole different league. All 4 are readily available and only one you need to go down the criminal road to get. 

Edited by dinsdale
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Trippy said:

I think Thailand should ban alcohol and make recreational weed 100% legal.

Ban booze, weed, and prostitution. 

Back to the fields! And respectable professions!

It would make for a happier, healthier.....

Please.....

...less violent country. 

I dunno, weed is a black drug and there is plenty of violence from them.

• Confused 5
  • Haha 1

All seems a little strange and contradictory to me - my understanding was that the so called 'Legalisation' only referred to 'Medicinal Use'. I don't ever remember anything stating that recreational use had been legalised.

Let's also not forget - the 0.2% THC limit in any case.  Even if recreational use was allowed - 0.2% wouldn't get a gnat high.

This cannabis 'decriminalisation' has been a load of tosh from Day 1 - constant flip flopping and contradictions.  Anybody who was stupid enough to invest in the business on the back of such an ambigous and unclear change in the law should have had their head's examined.

No sympathy for them really.

Edited by MangoKorat
  • Confused 2
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

All seems a little strange and contradictory to me - my understanding was that the so called 'Legalisation' only referred to 'Medicinal Use'. I don't ever remember anything stating that recreational use had been legalised.

Let's also not forget - the 0.2% THC limit in any case.  Even if recreational use was allowed - 0.2% wouldn't get a gnat high.

This cannabis 'decriminalisation' has been a load of tosh from Day 1 - constant flip flopping and contradictions.  Anybody who was stupid enough to invest in the business on the back of such an ambigous and unclear change in the law should have had their head's examined.

No sympathy for them really.

The 0.2% limit was for extracts. And the dispensaries in a good tourist location are making bank right now. 

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

The entrepreneurs that had the foresight to get a license for medical marijuana as well as recreational use will rake in.

This will weed out (sorry for the pun) the illegal shops and street vendors but the cat's out of the bag. I don't think the government will ever be able to stop people from selling pot completely. It'll be like Tupperware parties.....

The government never managed to stop people selling it completely when it was completely illegal.  So after more than 2 years of legalization with widespread investment in growing and distribution. ...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

The entrepreneurs that had the foresight to get a license for medical marijuana as well as recreational use will rake in.

This will weed out (sorry for the pun) the illegal shops and street vendors but the cat's out of the bag. I don't think the government will ever be able to stop people from selling pot completely. It'll be like Tupperware parties.....

well they did a very poor job of stopping the sale of cannabis before it was decriminalised. I doubt they will have any more success next time round

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, dinsdale said:

I think plenty of people who want dope to stay legalized have to take some of the blame. Smoking dope at a concert? Not a good idea. Basically if you can't puff on a cig then don't puff on a joint. A minority of idiots once again making it bad for the majority. Walking down a street puffing a joint? No. On the beach where there are families around? No. Anywhere that people can object is not a good thing IMHO. Having said this my stance on drug legalization has been constant for decades. Legalize ALL drugs.

I agree the smoking at that concert should not have happened but the move to ban recreational use was planned long before that.  It was just used as a justification.  Without that they would have found something else.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

When was it ever licensed for recreational use?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MangoKorat said:

That's not my understanding.

Ah another of the "but but Anutin said brigade"     Your "understanding" is flawed you need to accept that,  If you require confirmation you only have to open your eyes, 1000's of shops selling and millions of people smoking cannabis all of which contains considerably more than 0.2% THC with no interference from the authorities whatsoever. It really isn't rocket science. But feel free to believe whatever you want no matter how ridiculous it make you look

• Agree 1