The New Central Plaza Motorbike Parking.

I ride a big motorbike with saddlebags on it, I could not park it beside all the smaller Waves and Clicks for obvious reasons, so when I park my bike in the new mall, I need to use a car parking space, am I wrong for doing this? 

Don't most shopping mall car parks have dedicated 'bike parking' for bigger bikes ?

I had an ADV Bike which could not comfortably fit into the 'scooter spaces'... but there was 'big bike' parking, I think for anything over 400cc.

So check if they have that...   Ultimately, if your trusty steed with saddle-bags can't fit in the 'scooter parking' its not your fault, so go ahead and park in a car space until someone tells you otherwise. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Every Central in Thailand that I've been to had dedicated big bike parking. Ask the parking attendents for the directions, sometimes it's not easy to spot.

48 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

Every Central in Thailand that I've been to had dedicated big bike parking. Ask the parking attendents for the directions, sometimes it's not easy to spot.

I tried  that and I am not prepared to put my bike in amongst the small bikes the attendant wanted me to use, the place was filling up with only small bikes so I was not leaving my bike there.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I tried  that and I am not prepared to put my bike in amongst the small bikes the attendant wanted me to use, the place was filling up with only small bikes so I was not leaving my bike there.

It should be a dedicated big bike parking area. You should specifically ask for that.

25 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

It should be a dedicated big bike parking area. You should specifically ask for that.

I did, I was sitting on the bike, he could see it, there were two other motorbike parking lots but there were a lot of small bikes there and many others coming in, I wasn't parking my bike alongside these.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I did, I was sitting on the bike, he could see it, there were two other motorbike parking lots but there were a lot of small bikes there and many others coming in, I wasn't parking my bike alongside these.

Then I would ask another guy or just drive around and look for it. They are always marked with signs.

1 minute ago, eisfeld said:

Then I would ask another guy or just drive around and look for it. They are always marked with signs.

I have already done that, and I am not putting my bike alongside all the small ones. I will just use one of the big car parking lots.

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I have already done that, and I am not putting my bike alongside all the small ones. I will just use one of the big car parking lots.

I don't blame you...    I've had by bike scratched in those tight cr@ppy overcrowded scooter parking places. 

A lot of people riding cheap motorbikes don't have any consideration or respect for other peoples properly...   I've been in situations where I can't take my bike off the stand because another bike has parked so close I can't 'up right my 200kg bike' and I have to 'drag the sh!££y scooter' out just so I can access my bike... 

Its the same in the UK in supermarkets - people just open their doors and ding your car (it seems to happen less so here).

As eisfield mentioned, there is very likely 'big bike' parking - and they don't allow the small scooters in to that area... usually the 'cut off' is engine size (i.e. 400cc etc).

What bike is yours ?? type / size ?

Anyway... IF there is bike parking and spaces and you take up a car parking space, some parking attendant is going to want to deal with that and stop you - thats the worst that will happen. 

18 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

and I am not putting my bike alongside all the small ones.

Yes you mentioned that now four times. But it really shouldn't be so hard to find the big bike parking area. You can try to park in a car parking space. The attendant will likely approach you and tell you that you can't park there. That's probably a good opportunity to ask where to park the big bike then instead.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

and they don't allow the small scooters in to that area.

Officially yea but I've seen small bikes in these big bike parking zones in some Centrals where the staff pay no attention. It go too much in one Central one time here and I wasn't able to park my big bike because the spot was full of small ones. I told the parking attendants and they had to manually move a few small bikes to another place. But in many other Centrals I've seen them paying a lot of attention and promptly deny small bikes that try to park there.

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

I don't blame you...    I've had by bike scratched in those tight cr@ppy overcrowded scooter parking places. 

A lot of people riding cheap motorbikes don't have any consideration or respect for other peoples properly...   I've been in situations where I can't take my bike off the stand because another bike has parked so close I can't 'up right my 200kg bike' and I have to 'drag the sh!££y scooter' out just so I can access my bike... 

Its the same in the UK in supermarkets - people just open their doors and ding your car (it seems to happen less so here).

As eisfield mentioned, there is very likely 'big bike' parking - and they don't allow the small scooters in to that area... usually the 'cut off' is engine size (i.e. 400cc etc).

Anyway... IF there is bike parking and spaces and you take up a car parking space, some parking attendant is going to want to deal with that and stop you - thats the worst that will happen. 

Some people won't refer to my bike as a big bike, it is a Honda Forza 300, but it is twice of a Click or Wave, then there is the saddlebags. If any parking attendant try's to stop me then he is going to need to find me a suitable parking place, I am not the kind who just takes orders from anyone, I am entitle to a suitable parking place.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, eisfeld said:

Yes you mentioned that now four times. But it really shouldn't be so hard to find the big bike parking area. You can try to park in a car parking space. The attendant will likely approach you and tell you that you can't park there. That's probably a good opportunity to ask where to park the big bike then instead.

I parked in a car parking space the last two times.

9 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I parked in a car parking space the last two times.

So it seems ok for now...  you 'got away with it'... 

But..  a parking attendant will see you at some point and then pull out the serious face and tell you 'no no - cannot'  !!!... 

So, you'll have to go looking for the 'big bike parking'...  And as your bike is a larger maxi-scooter, on size alone you should be allowed into the big bike parking area...  if they don't like that, I think you are justified in 'pushing it'.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

So it seems ok for now...  you 'got away with it'... 

But..  a parking attendant will see you at some point and then pull out the serious face and tell you 'no no - cannot'  !!!... 

So, you'll have to go looking for the 'big bike parking'...  And as your bike is a larger maxi-scooter, on size alone you should be allowed into the big bike parking area...  if they don't like that, I think you are justified in 'pushing it'.

There is no big bike parking area, I have ridden round the place looking for it. I am going there again tomorrow, we'll see if anything happens then.

59 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I am not the kind who just takes orders from anyone, I am entitle to a suitable parking place.

You are not entitled to anything on another (juristic) persons private property.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

You are not entitled to anything on another (juristic) persons private property.

Correct. But his big little scooter is impressive, for some I suppose 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Private property?? It is not private during opening hours. If the place can provide parking for it's customers cars and small motorbikes then it can provide parking for bigger bikes and if a cars parking space is available then that will do me fine.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Don't most shopping mall car parks have dedicated 'bike parking' for bigger bikes ?

I had an ADV Bike which could not comfortably fit into the 'scooter spaces'... but there was 'big bike' parking, I think for anything over 400cc.

So check if they have that...   Ultimately, if your trusty steed with saddle-bags can't fit in the 'scooter parking' its not your fault, so go ahead and park in a car space until someone tells you otherwise. 

At my local plaza there are two big bike parking lots, one up to 400cc and another 500cc+. My bike was a cbr500r which is mid 400cc’s. Technically I wasn’t allowed to park in any of them. So I bought a 600cc+ and don’t feel bad parking in there 😂😂😂

Sounds kind of entitled to me. The "big bike" area in the mall is their especially so people with your kind of bike can park it there. If you don't like it because other peasants have parked there then go and park somewhere else outside. I ride a similar bike and park it in the mall all the time with no issue whatsoever. The only bike worthy of taking a whole car space in a Thai mall is a Goldwing or something of similar size in my opinion.

21 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I went there again today, again the bike parking area's were full of small bikes, so again I parked in a car space. I was then approached by a pretty girl attendant who told me I cannot park there. I told her in a nice way that I am staying parked here unless she can get my a suitable parking place, she went on her radio, had a discussion with someone and then told me it's OK I could park there.

So there really is no spaces for bigger bikes there at all.

1 hour ago, NoshowJones said:

I went there again today, again the bike parking area's were full of small bikes, so again I parked in a car space. I was then approached by a pretty girl attendant who told me I cannot park there. I told her in a nice way that I am staying parked here unless she can get my a suitable parking place, she went on her radio, had a discussion with someone and then told me it's OK I could park there.

So there really is no spaces for bigger bikes there at all.

Which Central are you speaking about exactly?

On 3/18/2024 at 2:33 PM, eisfeld said:

The motorbike parking at Central Festival in Pattaya has become a nightmare since they allocated space for the big bikes.  Simply not enough space for non-big bikes.  Smaller bikes are parked on top of one another.  My solution is to simply not to go there anymore.  I go the extra distance to Terminal 21 where there is plenty of parking.  If I absolutely have to go to Central, I'll park across the street and walk over.