Tourist Police and 7-Eleven Join Forces to Enhance Tourist Safety

webfact

15 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

If only Thailand had a real police force that enforced vehicle laws and road rules.

All laws... 

As pointed out... the existing laws in Thailand are quite sufficient... (with a couple of exceptions that need to be eradicated for the progression of society)...   

... As pointed out... what is lacking is an police force that edges more towards effective than apathetic. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Since the Thai government initiated the Visa Free policy for international tourists, according to data from the Ministry of Tourism and Sports, from January 1st to March 17th, 2567, Thailand welcomed a staggering 8,074,651 foreign tourists, generating revenue of 390.906 billion baht. This reflects the immense potential of Thailand's tourism sector, drawing interest from global travelers.

Maybe Thaialand should close all it's factories and turn them into theme parks?

• Love It 1

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

7-Eleven is joining the fight, they're going to eliminate all processed pork products, and all chips made with palm oil in an effort to improve tourist safety

As well as the Thai male 7/11 workers who smoke a pack a day at the entrances 

• Sad 1

the crime rate by country reflects reported (by government agencies) crime. What credence you may or may not place in any particular country's law enforcement agencies should be the prime factor in determining accuracy.

• Thanks 1

It's too bad most folks on this forum are old geezers on retirement visas/extensions. They won't be able to take advantage of this great initiative.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

It's too bad most folks on this forum are old geezers on retirement visas/extensions. They won't be able to take advantage of this great initiative.

Be  fair Ive only just upgraded form my circular  landlinedial phone to a push button fandangled thing........... then again I do speak to people and dont have my head stuck in a lump of  plastic and circuitry all day long

On 3/20/2024 at 9:35 AM, morrobay said:

Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla . The most dangerous thing in this country is crossing the road . So where are the pedestrian bridges???. And what about these lowlife local males driving motorbikes on the sidewalks?? Screenshot_2024-03-20-09-28-48-653_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.9698b41df66787233143da6f152f2d2a.jpg

If you came here not knowing how to cross the street I'd say you made the wrong decision. Maybe you should find a nice Thai schoolgirl or boy  to hold your hand. And if you consider Thai people to be lowlifes how about looking in the mirror first, because you don't sound like you're much of a prize either. You're the reason why some Thai people don't like farang. In 10 years I've never had a problem crossing, if the driver sees you he's not going to hit you, long as there is stopping distance. You sound pretty clueless and hostile about the culture here. Do you whine about "racism" and the purported double standard as well? You should do us all and yourself a favor and go back to where you came from, people like you don't belong here.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

If you came here not knowing how to cross the street I'd say you made the wrong decision. Maybe you should find a nice Thai schoolgirl or boy  to hold your hand. And if you consider Thai people to be lowlifes how about looking in the mirror first, because you don't sound like you're much of a prize either. You're the reason why some Thai people don't like farang. In 10 years I've never had a problem crossing, if the driver sees you he's not going to hit you, long as there is stopping distance. You sound pretty clueless and hostile about the culture here. Do you whine about "racism" and the purported double standard as well? You should do us all and yourself a favor and go back to where you came from, people like you don't belong here.

wtf is this argumentative nonsense?

On 3/20/2024 at 7:39 PM, Paris333 said:

Crime Rate by Country 2024

Source:

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/crime-rate-by-country

Meanwhile, in the real world, Thailand’s two most senior Police officers have been transferred to inactive post due to pending charges relating to corruption.

Both National Police Chief And ‘Big Joke’ Transferred To PM’s Office

Source:

https://thainewsroom.com/2024/03/20/both-national-police-chief-and-big-joke-transferred-to-pms-office/

11 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

wtf is this argumentative nonsense?

That's allright whenever you call spades spades around here you always smoke out "these" kinds with their one size fits all - go home, ad nauseam. And agendas/reading comprehension "problems" : I did not say Thai people were lowlifes! Was only referring to motorbikes on sidewalks Thais.