Familiarity breeds contempt?

Just now, bob smith said:

let’s hear some of your stories then?

bob.

I don't have many restaurant stories because staff don't care about farangs. They serve you and get payed.

The only weird experience I had was a drunk owner trying hard to be friendly. He was weird but that was a one off.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Korat Kiwi said:

I have a question to all these 'members'  who always reply to any of Bob's posts in the negative. 

What is your problem? 

Everyone that is registered on asean now is entitled to their own opinion and can post virtually anything within the bounds of the rules. 

But it appears that as soon as Bob posts anything, the troop of 'assassin's appear.  It's quite simple people,  if you don't like/agree with Bob's posts then either don't read them or use the block feature. 

I've only been on here a short time and I'm astounded by the amount of attacks on Bob. 

I'm sure he is probably a bit eccentric but that doesn't give licence to all these personal attacks. 

I could add a lot more but then it may see as a rant.  People please think before posting nasty replies. 

It’s OK mate.

Like I have said before, I actually feel quite sorry for many here.

If they can’t take my own personal experiences with a pinch of salt then they are obviously way too sensitive or are still in the rose tinted glasses stage of their Thailand journey.

either way it is THEIR problem!

bob.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

I've grown to expect these stories are most likely pork pies and a bag of trout. Do they hurt anyone? No! Are a good number of folks entertained by them? Yes!

I usually don't comment on them (actually I don't even read them once I see who posted). But if I do comment, it's not to try and pull back the curtain to expose who the Wizard of Oz might actually be.

Getting a little tired of mean-spirited trolls trying to create arguments where they're not needed nor welcome. 😒

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, bob smith said:

or is it just a classic case of familiarity breeding contempt? 

do I just need to find a new place to eat?

This has happened on multiple occasions in different parts of the country.

I decided to start this a while back as kind of a social experiment.

What I found was the dumb farang fresh off the boat gets more respect and better service than the average Thai speaking expat does.

Make of that what you will.

bob.

How much contempt do you have for Thailand and Thais in general?

What do you actually like about Thailand?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Because you are posting made up nonsense.

…..there you go, I’ve given you the laughing emoji that you so crave now trot along will you. I’m sure there are other, less terrible threads that you can be spending your time on. What’s Ralf001 posting about today?

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Haha 2

Just now, Dolf said:

Says a guy named 2 baht who does not get out much. I don't mind a good troll but Bob's are terrible. D grade stuff.

No Dolfo, I got out for the 25 years, before my health turned for the worse, while you were still wondering where Thailand was!

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, 2baht said:

No Dolfo, I got out for the 25 years, before my health turned for the worse, while you were still wondering where Thailand was!

Next to Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia like it has been for many years.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jak2002003 said:

Yes. It's strange that Bob seems to attract negativity from both Thai people he meets in his daily life, AND most of the farang posters on here..... 

Maybe it's time Bob asked himself why so many people are so often negative towards him? 

I have been asking myself this for a while.

Still no definitive answers..

bob.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, jak2002003 said:

Yes. It's strange that Bob seems to attract negativity from both Thai people he meets in his daily life, AND most of the farang posters on here..... 

Maybe it's time Bob asked himself why so many people are so often negative towards him? 

He trashes Thailand. He trashes Thai people. 

1 minute ago, bob smith said:

I have been asking myself this for a while.

Still no definitive answers..

bob.

Write a story like Stickman tomorrow. Give us something better to read.

43 minutes ago, bob smith said:

the places that know the real me start to become more aloof and even (i think) dislike me after my 4 or 5th visit

There is probably something not so good about your "real me" if they start to dislike you when they get to know you.

Your persona probably needs more drastic changes than a new after-shave lotion...

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, lom said:

There is probably something not so good about your "real me" if they start to dislike you when they get to know you.

Your persona probably needs more drastic changes than a new after-shave lotion...

Here's the old annoying farang back to whinge again.

• Sad 2