I am amazed

11 hours ago, still kicking said:

No different but years ago it was just males 

Decades ago, as I worked for airlines, and flew quite a bit due to the flight bennies, and female pilots wasn't exactly rare.

Not as many, as many pilots are ex-air force, which the majority were males, so yes, that does carry over to commercial airlines.  Free training & experience for males decades ago, but woman have always been there, and catching up in numbers.

Unfortunately, I'd be more concerned about the push toward diversity, as one airline announce, their priority in hiring is about diversity, and here I thought the 'best qualified' pilot would be a priority.  :coffee1:  Same with the FAA 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, still kicking said:

Ok I start a famous topic " how do I clean my carpet?

Try to lick at least one square meter each day until carpet is clean.  Pussycats have very good tongues for cleaning.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

If we can get past the normal bigots and misogynists and look at the facts, 

“The share of women airline pilots is very small - somewhere between 4% and 6%, depending on the data source - although it is increasing.

So what you're saying is that any company that tries to hire 50% female pilots has a tiny pool to choose from?  And, as a consequence, would have to hire not only the good ones, but the bottom of the barrel- the lowest rated?  And still wouldn't be able to get close to 50%... 

And that's not about the quality of the female pilots, it's the quantity.  That's how numbers work.  But DEI "experts" aren't strong on numbers.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I used to be scared of chicks in the cockpit - until I boarded a Qantas flight from BKK to SYD and heard the overly effeminate male pilot announce on the intercom that he welcomed all passengers aboard and was "excited" to be at the controls. 

I might have let it pass, but he also had a lisp. I was sitting in the middle seat and white knuckled both armrests for about ten hours.:coffee1:

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, impulse said:

So what you're saying is that any company that tries to hire 50% female pilots has a tiny pool to choose from?  And, as a consequence, would have to hire not only the good ones, but the bottom of the barrel- the lowest rated?  And still wouldn't be able to get close to 50%... 

And that's not about the quality of the female pilots, it's the quantity.  That's how numbers work.  But DEI "experts" aren't strong on numbers.

Back to your old misogynists and bigoted, conspiracy nonsense yet again. How many times do I have to say, if you want to be taken serious stick to the facts

Did you even look at the figures and details I posted? Try reading the ICAO information.

Can you also, please show a link to an airline that has or wants 50% women pilots, or that female pilots have a worse safety, or that female pilots are of a lower standard, or that airlines are accepting unqualified people. I am looking for credible aviation links, not a fake opinion piece off Fox or Youtube.

Outside the alternative reality of Fox news and the like, there is no problem. It is only perceived by anyone stupid enough to believe Fox is a genuine news network.

So again, I ask you politely to go away, with you tunnel vision, blinded bias, and use critical thinking and facts, if you don't want to continue to embarrass yourself.

Just a reminder of you own words, “ Feel free to call me full of bullpucky.  It is way out there”, before you yet again back pedalled in another thread, because you had nothing to back up your wild claims.

Edited by Georgealbert
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, CecilM said:

I'd be more worried about the quality of aircraft maintenance than the gender of the pilot. 

Female mechanics?

Oh no what did i say?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

Can you also, please show a link to an airline that has or wants 50% women pilots, or that female pilots have a worse safety, or that female pilots are of a lower standard, or that airlines are accepting unqualified people. I am looking for credible aviation links, not a fake opinion piece off Fox or Youtube.

Post a link that shows females at the same standard

13 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Post a link that shows females at the same standard

Sorry, but I know you will find this difficult to understand, but pilot standards and training, is issued in guidance from IATA (The International Air Transport Association) and ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organisation). Pilot licensing is then dealt with by the countries aviation regulator, CAAT(Thailand), CAA(UK), FAA (USA), EASA (EU),etc.

Here is a step by step guide to how to become a commercial pilot, from a flight school.

https://atpflightschool.com/become-a-pilot/airline-career/airline-pilot-requirements.html

There is no lowering of standards, the standards are the same for all, but that will not meet your perceived bigoted agenda, which shows you are unqualified, with no experience and no knowledge of anything you are posting.

Find attached the latest, basic FAA handbook, but your attention span is limited to a maximum of only 50 words, so you will remain uneducated on the subject and lack the ability to stop your silly posts.

https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/handbooks_manuals/aviation/faa-h-8083-25c.pdf

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

Sorry, but I know you will find this difficult to understand, but pilot standards and training, is issued in guidance from IATA (The International Air Transport Association) and ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organisation). Pilot licensing is then dealt with by the countries aviation regulator, CAAT(Thailand), CAA(UK), FAA (USA), EASA (EU),etc.

Here is a step by step guide to how to become a commercial pilot, from a flight school.

https://atpflightschool.com/become-a-pilot/airline-career/airline-pilot-requirements.html

There is no lowering of standards, the standards are the same for all, but that will not meet your perceived bigoted agenda, which shows you are unqualified, with no experience and no knowledge of anything you are posting.

Find attached the latest, basic FAA handbook, but your attention span is limited to a maximum of only 50 words, so you will remain uneducated on the subject and lack the ability to stop your silly posts.

https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/handbooks_manuals/aviation/faa-h-8083-25c.pdf

Calling people you don't know online bigots. You really do sound sad.

• Love It 1

6 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

Sorry but you prove it everyday, with your posts. Try posting something constructive.

You asked me for a link to something that only exists in your head, with zero understanding of the subject.

Bye and have a good day, be careful, as you’re as sharp as a marble.

Thanks for proving me right about you. Men beat women in all sports. Flying is just another sport.

Sorry if the facts hurt your feelings.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

Just now, Georgealbert said:

55555, what has sport got to do with pilots abilities? Is the the best defence of your opinions you can dream up?

What have you proved right about me? Maybe that I have more knowledge on the subject than you and I don’t live in a fantasy alternative reality like you.

Please provide a credible link to what you claimed about lower standards. Not an opinion piece or Youtube video, but a real aviation site with facts.

How do you think you have hurt my feelings? It was you whining in the previous post, not me, I just posted facts.

Anyone who knows me, know that I do not suffer fools and tell things as they are, so if I have hurt your feelings or you are feeling inadequate, GOOD.

Nice useless rant.

• Like 1

So you have nothing to support your views.

I have posted facts, and you claim a rant.

Try to post a constructive argument to support your claims of lower standards with real credible links.

So I polity suggest put up the facts or shut up.

Ranting into a computer screen. It is amusing.

3 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Ranting into a computer screen. It is amusing.

So again you prove you have nothing to support your opinions.

Bye and have a good day, I will no longer reply to anything from you, that lack any substances or facts.

You can reply, as I am sure in your childish way you will think you have won the debate then!

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Bye and have a good day, I will no longer reply to anything from you, that lack any substances or facts.

You can reply, as I am sure in your childish way you will think you have won the debate then!

Another rant. Keep going. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

That's what he wants, his goal..........:saai:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On April 17, 2018, while Shults was the captain commanding Flight 1380 from New York to Dallas, an engine fan blade on the Boeing 737 failed and flying debris damaged the left side of the fuselage and one side window; the window failed, causing the plane to decompress. One passenger, Jennifer Riordan, was partially sucked through the damaged window and was later pronounced dead at the hospital. Shults made an emergency descent and landed in Philadelphia. Her actions, calm demeanor, and competence during the emergency were noted by Southwest Airlines officials and passengers as well 

WikipediaTammy_Jo_Shults.jpg.6eb2556c9a45c0ba5525104e1b7bcaa0.jpg

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Here we are

12 wins for women, millions of losses

https://www.elle.com/culture/g30119/female-athletes-who-won-against-men/

So nothing about or to do with female pilot standards, which is the subject of the thread.

Do think I would not notice if you attempt to change the subject totally?

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

55555, what has sport got to do with pilots abilities? Is the the best defence of your opinions you can dream up

Because flying is a sport. That's why there are few females in it. Men are superior at sport than women.

Amazing you don't know this.

• Like 1

So nothing about or to do with female pilot standards, which is the subject of the thread.

Do think I would not notice if you attempt to change the subject totally?

Flying is a sport. Amazing you fail to understand the basics.

1 minute ago, Dolf said:

Flying is a sport. Amazing you fail to understand the basics.

So now being a pilot is just a sport? Can you tell me how the pilot wins and what the prizes are?

Here is a defintion of flying sports - Any activity involving aviation for recreation and competition. Flying sports include air racing, homebuilt aircraft, ultralight aviation, and hot-air ballooning.

Being the pilot of a commercial airline is a professional occupation, hot a sport.

Stop changing reality to suit yourself and post some real facts, for once.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1