I am amazed

Mods move it if it is not in the right subject.

I do follow views of air traffic not just Thailand but every country. But I am very surprised how many female pilots we have now. Don't get me wrong I am not against females in any profession but video | Facebook ago it was just for men (maybe wrongly) So how do you feel is your pilot is a female? Video | Facebook

• Confused 11
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, still kicking said:

Mods move it if it is not in the right subject.

I do follow views of air traffic not just Thailand but every country. But I am very surprised how many female pilots we have now. Don't get me wrong I am not against females in any profession but video | Facebook ago it was just for men (maybe wrongly) So how do you feel is your pilot is a female? Video | Facebook

Why are confused?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

I don't think one way or another. But, indeed, I don't believe I have ever seen one on any one of my many flights. I was once surprised to see a fairly young woman operating a cargo train that seemed a mile long.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, couchpotato said:

Oh dear--a misogynist in our midst. I'd rather have a female pilot (or any pilot for that matter) than read ignorant posts like this.

I don't care if the pilot is male or female I am just  asking

• Sad 3
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Never had a female pilot. I would be worried as women can't read maps. Might end up in the wrong city.

A bit more adventurous. Best thing that happened to me in India was lose my map and guide book. 

• Confused 1

If we can get past the normal bigots and misogynists and look at the facts, 

“The share of women airline pilots is very small - somewhere between 4% and 6%, depending on the data source - although it is increasing.

According to ICAO( International Civil Aviation Organisation), the female cohort of airline pilots increased from 3.6% in 2016 to 4.1% in 2021. Data published by the International Society of Women Pilots (ISWAP) put the global share at 5.2% in 2018 and 5.8% in 2021.“

A 2021 survey found that,

“Air India had the highest share of women amongst its pilots in 2021, with 12.7%. Next were Aer Lingus, with 9.9%, Hawaiian Airlines, with 9.3%, and United Airlines, with 7.7%.

Lufthansa, Alaska Airlines, Air Canada, UPS, Qantas and British Airways were also above the overall average of 5.8%.

At the lower end of the scale were Qatar Airways (2.4%), Emirates Airline (2.2%), Aeroflot Russian Airlines (2.2%), Japan Airlines (1.3%) and Singapore Airlines (0.4%)”

Source - CAPA – Centre for Aviation

https://centreforaviation.com/analysis/reports/women-airline-pilots-numbers-are-growing-but-still-a-pitiful-percentage-655755

ICAO released new data on the status of global aviation gender equality in 2023.

https://www.icao.int/Newsroom/Pages/ICAO-releases-survey-data-on-status-of-global-aviation-gender-equality.aspx

IMG_2321.jpeg

Edited by Georgealbert
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2