Adverts on ASEAN NOW

It is becoming impossible to read articles because adverts, some without X to close are popping up continuously.

I realise adverts fund the site but it would be a better user experience if the pop ups were limited and easily closed when irrelevant.

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I normally check out the ASEANNOW website on my phone early in the morning, it is nearly impossible now to read even a few words before an annoying advert from ANA a Japanese Airline takes over my phone, even if l watch the advert all the way through (120sec) it pops up again a few minutes later.

Advice needed to stop the advert, it spoils the site.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/23/2024 at 7:20 AM, Classic Ray said:

It is becoming impossible to read articles because adverts, some without X to close are popping up continuously.

Yes this!I turned off the ad blocker and pop ups appear in the middle of the screen and when i turn it on i get a box saying please turn off your ad blocker!! I don't mind ads on the side bar but not those which obscure the text looks like i will be looking elsewhere if this goes on.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, stubby52 said:

Yes this!I turned off the ad blocker and pop ups appear in the middle of the screen and when i turn it on i get a box saying please turn off your ad blocker!! I don't mind ads on the side bar but not those which obscure the text looks like i will be looking elsewhere if this goes on.

Yes, getting that now with every tab opening, though clicking one 'X" is better than clicking the endless and repetitive ones you'll get without an ad blocker.

I don't even bother with AN on my phone, as they are so annoying.  Don't know how people would even bother viewing AN on a phone of tablet.