Best gastroenterologist in bangkok?

Hi,

I need to see a new gastroenterologist for second opinion and also to hopefully find proper diagnosis. I was told I had colitis and was given medicine but after 1 month, was asked to stop using it. But now I have the same symptoms back after a month of stopping the medicine. Mainly the frequent need to be on the toilet when I feel like I have some gas when I know there is also waste waiting to go out as soon as I let it out. It's not diarrhea though. But having to use the toilet 4-5 times in a span of several hours affect my daily activities.

The first doctor I saw here locally is intermediate from what I can gather by his credentials. That's why now I want to show another expert my test results and explain my symptoms. I imagine I won't have to do another colonoscopy again.

Thanks a lot in advance.

8 hours ago, Sheryl said:

At the suggestion of Sheryl, I have gone to Dr. Parit Mekaroonkamol. Although I saw him over at Bangkok Hospital in Bangkok, so you do have a choice of which private hospital to see him.  Excellent Doctor.

That profile photo of him on the Bumrungrad Hospital website must have been taken at the beginning of his career. He has matured since then;  Dr. Parit at Bangkok Hospital

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks a lot everyone. I guess I will see Dr Parit then. I wonder which hospital would be better to see him. I will do telemed first. I assume Bangkok hospital would be better because the first doctor I saw is also from there so they have all my records. But I can also send it to Bumrungrad. I imagine both have telemed option. I only plan to go there if they want more tests.

I think Bumrungrad might be better though because I worry Bangkok hopsital might not want to give different diagnosis that goes against one of their own? So they might try to protect their already given diagnosis and double down on it. So I think it feels better to have these separated by hospital.

Edited by timoti

56 minutes ago, timoti said:

Thanks a lot everyone. I guess I will see Dr Parit then. I wonder which hospital would be better to see him. I will do telemed first. I assume Bangkok hospital would be better because the first doctor I saw is also from there so they have all my records. But I can also send it to Bumrungrad. I imagine both have telemed option. I only plan to go there if they want more tests.

I think Bumrungrad might be better though because I worry Bangkok hopsital might not want to give different diagnosis that goes against one of their own? So they might try to protect their already given diagnosis and double down on it. So I think it feels better to have these separated by hospital.

Agreed, a second opinion is always better from a doctor at a different hospital to avoid any bias because of possible internal politics or conflicts. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Do you guys think if the second doctor orders another colonoscopy, the insurance would have an issue with it? I will show the doctor all the documents I got which has pictures of my insides and diagnosis but there is a difference between seeing pictures vs seeing the real thing in front of you. Not sure if that will be necessary but I can't argue with the expert doctor even though the prep was very painful.

Edited by timoti