• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 64

S/E Asian Thai Consulates going to eVisa online system effective Tuesday Oct 8th

2. 329

And so the exodus of quality expats begins. This time it's personal

3. 49

Trump's Claim of Gaza Visit Draws Scrutiny Amid Factual Discrepancies

4. 49

Trump's Claim of Gaza Visit Draws Scrutiny Amid Factual Discrepancies

5. 70

Words sentences that are offensive

6. 1,056

Its Happening - Law to Tax Overseas Income Now in Progress

7. 24

Sending food back to the kitchen?

8. 8

Harris mingled with Tehran regime operative who promotes terrorism

9. 34

Oh Beloved Bangkok, How So You Have Changed...

10. 66

DeSantis Pushes Back on Climate Change’s Role in Stronger Storms

11. 273

Why is the MAGA movement so susceptible to crazy conspiracy theories?

12. 66

DeSantis Pushes Back on Climate Change’s Role in Stronger Storms

13. 8

Harris mingled with Tehran regime operative who promotes terrorism

14. 273

Why is the MAGA movement so susceptible to crazy conspiracy theories?

Posted (edited)

I had to raid my 400k savings account for medical expenses and now I’m exploring alternate Thai marriage extensions of stay options for 2024.

Plan B using 40k per month has failed. Transferring money to Bangkok Bank from the US via ‘transfer’Wise does not count as importing money from a foreign country.

Plan C is a trip to Savannakhet. However I just learned that now this consulate also demands a bank account of 400k. In desperation I plan to go there and apply for a 90 day visiting family visa.

I realize that now my primary focus on Savannakhet is no longer valid. Do any Thai consulates in Vietnam offer the superlative advantages of Savannakhet?

Is Penang, Malaysia a good option?

Edited by RealityPivots

7 minutes ago, RealityPivots said:

I had to use my 400k for medical expenses.

Have you previously obtained a 60 day extension to visit wife? 

If not you could obtain that.

Financials not requured

24 minutes ago, RealityPivots said:

Transferring money to Bangkok Bank from the US via ‘transfer’Wise does not count as importing money from a foreign country.

That puzzles me as a lot of expats use Wise to transfer overseas funds as proof.

As I am learning...things change. When we asked Bangkok Bank to print out a yearly summary of my deposits into my checking account, the first deposit listed, one year ago, registered as a foreign deposit. Subsequent deposits, flowing into my account showed as coming from Krasikorn Bank. Was this a result of a change of routine by Wise??? They have promoted changes that lowered fees but I don't know the details. My wife talked to both bank's officials and they were adamant that current Wise behavior means that the deposits are now inter-Thailand-bank deposits, which tallies with my understanding of how Wise innately uses an information exchange to transmit a dollar figure in the US into a Baht figure in Thailand. I would like to pursue this further but my wife INSISTS that I now transfer direct from bank of America account into my Bangkok Bank account. Increased costs and time of travel but I can't really complain since my economy attempt has led to a huge hassle

To Dr. Jack 54:

My record indicates that I have used a 60 day extersion back in 2019 when I made a trip to the US. I did travel then but I used a re-entry permit. I didn't realize it would register as 60 day estension. Surprise!