Bangkok tuk tuk driver and tailor shop scam British YouTuber

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Imagine all would be fine and those YouTubers would have nothing to complain about.

Next thing they would need a real job. The horror! 

Agreed 

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

The only reason to take a tuk-tuk in Bangkok is because your ass is too big to fit in a regular taxi sedan.  Ever seen two fat Arab ladies get into a tuk-tuk?  Even then they can barely fit.  And then there are their shopping bags . . .

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

Have tourists or expats not learnt yet that the Thai tuk tuk,  the official taxi, or the jet ski rentals in Phuket, the Indian tailors on Sukhumvit or the falang real estate developpments in Hua Hin or Phuket are in majority a scam reservoir that one should flee like the plague....not all but many.

Take the tailors for instance, either you will be cheated in the quality of cloth that won't be the same as the cloth exposed or if the same, the tailoring will be real crappy and stiched by a cheap startup tailor contractor.

It was great before COVID but since , they are all trying to make their money back. Fools continue to pay, fine. 

Real estate is another playground for the cheats. Beware of those tempting homes,  mainly the  pool villa leaseholds in Hua Hin, Phuket or some Koh's,  that have plumbing or electrical defects that are not visible by the eye at first. There is absolutely small chance to obtain justice as a foreigner so just avoid buying or some occasions even renting  in certain developpments. At one's own risk after all...

• Confused 3
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Kinnock said:

If you want to go direct to your destination, use Grab.  If you want a mini adventure, take a tuk tuk.  Experienced travellers have known this for decades.

Not even a scam .... just the tailor shop paying commission for visitors .... he could pay the full fare, but then he'd have no story for his channel.

Grab ?    Decades ??     Grab started about the year 2012

6 hours ago, it is what it is said:

this sort of stuff happens in pretty much every popular tourist country so don;t go saying it's a thai problem.

It's a thai problem.

bob.

Gone on for decades tuk tuk driver offer a cheap price to see the sites of bkk.You end up at gold or tailor shops the tuk tuk gets petrol token for doing this.Another scam just like the taxi meter scam

• Like 1

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Bland wanted to go to MBK shopping centre and the driver initially quoted a fare of 100 baht. However, the driver offered a 50 baht discount if Bland agreed to make a stop at a tailor shop, which the driver claimed was his sponsor.

The British YouTuber agreed to the condition, thinking it would be fine if he just stopped to look at the shop.

What scam, you agreed to be taken to the tailor shop in return for a fare reduction... green-horn in Thailand.

• Agree 1

The British man was out to scam the driver as he climbed into the tuc tuc without any intention of buying anything for saving 50 baht. 

I would speculate the British man was out to make a story at the expense of the tuk tuk driver to make much more than 50 baht'

11 hours ago, bob smith said:

scammy thai's at it again!

bob.

Why say again? Do you think it has ever stopped? 

These TukTuks are notorious doing this type of scam to foreigners. They have been doing it for many many years. 

• Agree 1

i had the same a few years ago, i jumped   into a tuk tuk outside MBK and the guy offered me the same deal. 50 baht to go to a rather filthy looking indian tailor shop. i did order a pair of cargo shorts made to fit, but obviously didnt spend enough , when i got to central festival where i was intended, the tuk tuk driver tried to scam me for 500 baht.. i gave him 200 baht and jumped out, walked away.. i always use Bolt,  now, every time. never a problem, never been scammed,,as for the cargo shorts, they turned up at my hotel and not what i ordered or the material i asked for and too tight.. 

• Like 1

So he was going to make a video about going to buy a phone charger ?

Jesus Christ is this what the world has come too !!

Absolute tool trying to get the most common scams known by thousands about bkk on camera for likes .🙄🙈

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1