Bangkok tuk tuk driver and tailor shop scam British YouTuber

snoop1130

I'm surprised he got a tuk Tuk driver to move his arse for more than 200 Baht. They are essentially floating around because tourists like to experience them - until they get the full whack of exhaust fumes in their face from the red diesel busses. 

I got similar  treatment last year near the British Club. A tuk- tuk driver gave me the same line. Inside a tailor shop I thought I'd get some silk for my wife, as she makes dresses and such.

I was sold what I thought was a nice piece of silk for about 2000 Thb. The tuk-tuk driver said the shop pays for his gas if they make a sale. The driver sits outside a local hotel there.

When I got the silk home, my wife said it was not silk, and was worth 100 Thb.

My fault for not being more knowledgeable.

On 3/26/2024 at 10:44 AM, VocalNeal said:

Back in the day taxi drivers would get a "commission" if they brought a passenger to gem store. A friend of mine used to suggest to a taxi driver that he would go to the gem store in the taxi, the driver could claim his "commission" and then split the commission and have lunch together.

Yes .... the taxi drivers also got a commission for taking passengers to the old Climax bar in Bangkok Soi 11 .... it was our regular late night bar, and we could get a free ride as the commission more than covered the fare.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Does anyone remember the Lonely Planet Guides from the days before Tictok and other SM.

Tuk tuks - tailors and jewellery shops, taxis - hotels and bars etc etc.

Is this guy trying to advise people how to find trouble or just get into it for his amateur travel video? Tictok must be the most moronic thing on the internet.

He's the scammer on this occasion.

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback

5 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Does anyone remember the Lonely Planet Guides from the days before Tictok and other SM.

Tuk tuks - tailors and jewellery shops, taxis - hotels and bars etc etc.

Is this guy trying to advise people how to find trouble or just get into it for his amateur travel video? Tictok must be the most moronic thing on the internet.

He's the scammer on this occasion.

They have YouTube video sites where they travel around the World exposing so called scams , they try to get scammed, just for the video likes