Suvarnabhumi Airport Customs Arrest Drug Trafficker from Nigeria

webfact

22 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

He's brave carrying that lot through Doha as well.

Anyway, he won't be alone in the jail, he'll have plenty of fellow Nigerians to weight train with because that is what they do all day.

'Wait training', waiting a long time to be released. 

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

It must have seemed like a good idea ..at the time ,

regards worgeordie

4,000,000 baht divided by however many years in prison.

Hardly worth it.

7 hours ago, Mika78 said:

On YouTube I like to watch episodes of Border Control in Australia, America, Canada and other countries. It would be interesting if they did it in Thailand too.... or rather not?

I think all we're see is police pointing! Incidentally, the border force episodes are 1-2 decades old.....they're still using CRT computers...but the story is there:)

5 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Hardly worth it.

He was a mule , In Lagos ,haven't got a pot to piss in , chance to travel , money in his pocket,

and I am sure he was told about the Thai Ladies  ,  yes I think he thought he could get through ....

regards Worgeordie

Oh well, some Thai school is going to have to recruit a new English teacher.

I am also not so sure that immigration should have published this story with a 4 million baht cocaine value - I mean that is potentially 2 houses here ! A huge incentive for someone to get onto the property ladder. I can see the 'large' women on Pattaya beach just lining up for this :)

• Thumbs Up 1

It’s not a drug smuggler he is just a mule. The big guys in the business would not try that they hire people to do that. Some get caught some get through probably on the same flight and another person got through with it. TIT.

This leaves me with lots of questions.  

One punch to the gut and dead.  I was wondering how they had tome to make up such fancy 1.3kg sign   but i guess they had time whiile they waited for him to sit on the pot.  How long is that flight?  Did he get through immigration but then they caught him in the head?

I dont think i could swallow 1 of those.  

• Like 1

A bit of perspective here; this is a minisule amount of coke in comparison to all the other shipments that did get through. This bust will have zero effect on the availability or cost of cocaine in Thailand. It's absurd to think this bust willl make any difference to anyone or anything (except the hapless mule - he's the only person who's life will actually be significantly affected by this bust).

At the risk of banging the same old drum again and again, the solution to drug harm involves education and mental health care. No well informed, healthy person causes themselves harm on purpose.

Criminalising drugs has been shown for decades now to not only be ineffective, but to also put enormous amounts of wealth into the hands of criminals. The evidence? Take a look at the rise of the Mafia when the US criminalised alcohol. Take a look at the vast wealth of the South American drug cartels. Take a look at the lowest rates of addiction in Europe; Portugal, where they sucessfully adopted a policy similar to what I'm describing here years ago.

Bottom line: The war on drugs has failed. Prohibition is doomed to fail. The anti-drug campaigns of recent decades have merely served to create a political environment whereby politicians would be comitting political suicide if they were to publicly acknowledge the irrefutable facts around the issue.

Having seen first hand the effect of drug harm on people close to me in the past, it's frustrating - depressing even - to see the same old tropes, messages and attitudes being spun in news pieces like this. 

Edited by Davedub
typo

4 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Hardly worth it.

That was the estimated value of the coke, I seriously doubt he was paid anything like that amount.

Maybe customs should work on sukhumvit , cos the police parading there never seem to spot the countless number of africans openly selling drugs, from nigeria, ghana, sierra leone. Liberia.. and the african prostitutes..

7 hours ago, bananafish said:

Surely it must be quite an ordeal to swallow and then walk around with that lot inside you.

Its also very dangerous - containers (often condoms) have been known to burst. Just one of those 'bags' bursting would mean certain death.

The sad part in this is that the guy is almost certainly just a mule that will have been paid a small fraction of what those at the top of the chain get.  Apparently a certain number of 'losses' is expected and allowed for in the price.

18 hours ago, bbi1 said:

All the Nigerians on Sukhumvit in BKK are all drug dealers and/or scammers.

The biggest Nígerian scammer on the planet is Anthony Joshua telling people he can box. 😂😅🤣

• Haha 1

On 3/25/2024 at 5:32 PM, Mika78 said:

On YouTube I like to watch episodes of Border Control in Australia, America, Canada and other countries. It would be interesting if they did it in Thailand too.... or rather not?

that would hurt the pristine reputation of Thailand. 🤣