Thai millionaire loses over 63 million baht to romance scammers

webfact

Guy was going to marry her after 2 years talking but never meeting?  Must have great line sex.   Guy could have afforded fresh giks for 20 yesrs

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, 2long said:

A fool and his money are......

And yet somehow he had a lot of money ???  Did he inherit it or what ? If not he must have been either lucky or astute enough to have earnt it ?

Now't so queer as folk

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Because they're scammers and scammers have the skills to avoid those situations, if they didn't, they wouldn't be scammers!

Yes, I understand that that is what criminals try to do.

But if I would be interested in a woman, then I would want to meet her. What's the point of having a "romantic relationship" without ever meeting her?

So: no meeting, no relationship, no fraud. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Elkski said:

Guy was going to marry her after 2 years talking but never meeting?  Must have great line sex.   Guy could have afforded fresh giks for 20 yesrs

I wonder if he ever made video contact with her or was it all audio communication.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, webfact said:

The victim then planned to marry Nontikarn but their wedding was put on hold because the scammer claimed she was suffering from cancer. Nontikarn asked for money from the victim by claiming that she had to pay for her treatment, pay off her family’s debts, invest in real estate, etc.

The victim was convinced of his girlfriend’s existence, largely due to Nontikarn’s cunning strategy involving other scammers posing as her family members, who visited the victim on multiple occasions.

Some really sick people out there.

• Agree 1