mounting hardware glass shelves

gamb00ler

I'm looking to design and build a room divider wall with some glass shelving.  They would also make some nice bathroom shelves.

I found these from a US company, but I'm hoping to find them here instead of buying from US.

A couple of pictures will save me a lot of words.....

They're adjustable for glass thickness also.

Link to US supplier's page:

https://www.dullesglass.com/hardware-and-accessories/shelf-brackets/adjustable-shelf-clamps/s3ssc-1300pbr

Screen Shot 2024-03-27 at 4.48.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-03-27 at 4.48.38 PM.png

Edited by gamb00ler

What are you going to make the shelves from, regular glass isn't suitable.

You need toughened/annealed glass and you can't cut it after the heat treatment. There are several suppliers who will make to your drawings unless you can get ready made shelves and design round them.

39 minutes ago, Crossy said:

What are you going to make the shelves from, regular glass isn't suitable.

You need toughened/annealed glass and you can't cut it after the heat treatment. There are several suppliers who will make to your drawings unless you can get ready made shelves and design round them.

The owner of the company who made our glass shower enclosures can get any type of glass we need.  We have several doors in our house with tempered glass.  I've been sure to use it where appropriate and will use it for shelving as well.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks @brianthainess I also found those, but I can't find bronze or brass colored ones for our living room divider.  The stainless or brushed stainless will be fine for the bathroom.

Edited by gamb00ler

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Try Häfele they almost certainly have a suitable product. Or of course AliExpress 

It takes a while to search through all the stuff Häfele sells.  I couldn't find anything for glass shelving after going through several catalogs.

2 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

It takes a while to search through all the stuff Häfele sells.  I couldn't find anything for glass shelving after going through several catalogs.

My Häfele Fu must be significant better than yours as it just took me about 30 seconds to go to the catalog “Furniture Fittings” the another 30 seconds to locate the section starting at 2.94 to 2.103 where there are probably around 26 different options up to 40kg. Typing this reply probably took twice as long as the search.

EDIT 

in the current catalog it’s from 2.85 to 2.91, I didn’t check how many

IMG_8612.thumb.png.81ec401162ebfe82d835f7bd9621c9d2.png

Edited by sometimewoodworker

@sometimewoodworker thanks for taking the time.  Somehow I missed that section in the Furniture Fittings catalog or I had a different version.  I have now downloaded the same version you used.  Häfele does indeed have a good selection.... but still no brass colored glass shelving fasteners. AliExpress has those but not as elegantly designed as Häfele's.