I need an air purifier for my small studio apt.

cubism001

Hi, Hope you can help.  Last time I was here for burning season I paid about 3,000 B. This year I can't pay that much.  But I am hacking, coughing and sneezing. ( I finally went tio the doc.) Any ideas about where to buy an inexpensive air purifier?  Thanks

We have a few bought from Lazada at less than 1000B, they work ok e.g. in a large room.

We also have small necklace-type personal purifiers, obviously not for a room but e.g. to keep close to you when you sleep or walk outside. A couple of hundred baht, they help a little.

Note that most places are not air-purified, including main shopping malls, so your battle is not only at home.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

We have a few bought from Lazada at less than 1000B, they work ok e.g. in a large room.

We also have small necklace-type personal purifiers, obviously not for a room but e.g. to keep close to you when you sleep or walk outside. A couple of hundred baht, they help a little.

Note that most places are not air-purified, including main shopping malls, so your battle is not only at home.

Oh...any link to that rather depressing news that malls aren't pumping out good air?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cubism001 said:

Hi, Hope you can help.  Last time I was here for burning season I paid about 3,000 B. This year I can't pay that much.  But I am hacking, coughing and sneezing. ( I finally went tio the doc.) Any ideas about where to buy an inexpensive air purifier?  Thanks

A train to the South is much cheaper probably 🙏And definitely healthier here pm 2.5 around 20🤗

• Agree 1

Describe cheap ?   Although, just buy a decent (Xiaomi fan myself, have 2), save the box, and take it back with you, if not staying in TH.   You must like CM to return there.   Or instead of taking with you, leave with trusted friend, and it will be here for your return.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Since 3 Months I have this Xiaomi Air Purifier. Very effectiv....no more hacking, coughing and sneezing! Before I had a No Name Product for 500 Baht, was not working, be careful, there are many of this kind in the Market: Air Pollution= Air Purifier big Business= Many Sharks!

Xiaomi Air Purifier 4 Compact

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i4906036289-s20676995954.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1&tradePath=omItm&tradeOrderId=811692144385564&tradeOrderLineId=811692144485564&spm=spm%3Da2o42.order_details.item_title.1

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

Get a box of N95 filter material at HomePro or Global House, and just cut a square to cover the back side of your fan. That's really how an air purifier works, just with a fancier filter. This will work perfectly, and is as cheap as chips!  We do that with three fans in the house in rooms where we don't have the main air purifiers.  You can see the effective difference after just one week's usage.

Filter Paper.jpg

Agree I put it over my A/C filter

9 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

Get a box of N95 filter material at HomePro or Global House, and just cut a square to cover the back side of your fan. That's really how an air purifier works, just with a fancier filter. This will work perfectly, and is as cheap as chips!  We do that with three fans in the house in rooms where we don't have the main air purifiers.  You can see the effective difference after just one week's usage.

Filter Paper.jpg

Tape some of this over the air intake of your a/c, on the top where air goes in. Filtrete by 3M is good, from Lazada.

Hello my Fellow CM Inhabitants:

aa.  I do not know why, but, several months ago, I posted this important link concerning how to make your own DIY cheap and effective Air Purifier from a Fan and a HEPA filter, and....I was derided here for my good efforts.

bb.  Here the link, once again, how to easily make your own DIY AIR PURIFIER:

https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/how-to-make-diy-air-purifier/

cc.  In my case, I have three small Hatari fans:

image.png.f2dc668492e998747e5909baab6ea1b6.png

dd. These Hatari fans are cheap and low cost to operate.

ee.  I just need to put a HEPA filter on the back (I think the FRONT will work better) of each of these fans, and then I will have plenty of air purifying power, at a ridiculously low cost.

ff.  I have two XiaoMi (large) air purifiers which work quite well.  But, the filters are fairly expensive.

gg.  So, my best option is to continue to run these two XiaoMi purifiers, 24/7/365.  But, also, to run the three Hatari fans, in addition, during the Smoking Season.

This will help a lot.  And, at the low setting, the Hatari fans draw a very small amount of power..maybe about 15 watts, each, as I recall.

I just need to get to HomePro, or some place, where I can buy the HEPA filters to stick on the back of each fan.

hh.  The LINK that I have provided is excellent if you want to know a little, or a lot, about air purification.

So....

Let it not be said that I never gave you guys on TV, nothin'.....

Take care, and breathe easy, guys.

Best regards,

Gamma

image.png.df604540eec2fa5e5bb6f14d8a48e516.png

GO with HEPA, Folks!

You will be glad that you did!

Air Pollution is a BEACH....

==========

This particular brand and size of the Hatari fan seems to just never break down.

Just my experience.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

For the life of me, I don’t know why people choose CM to live during Jan - May

Same here, had a condo there for 4 years, dreadful experience. Filtrete on the aircon intake helped but not cheap and always shocked at how much grime it caught. My clothes were always filthy, screw it. And if it not raining its 12 mths a year there now. Too many toxic smokestacks and vehicles spewing out crap which settles in that valley. It gets worse every year.

On 3/28/2024 at 12:38 AM, Celsius said:

almost any air purifier under 1000b on lazada will do. It's not a complicated tech.

BTW, what happened to the old one?

When I left I gave it away.  (nobody would buy it)

18 hours ago, ujayujay said:

Since 3 Months I have this Xiaomi Air Purifier. Very effectiv....no more hacking, coughing and sneezing! Before I had a No Name Product for 500 Baht, was not working, be careful, there are many of this kind in the Market: Air Pollution= Air Purifier big Business= Many Sharks!

Xiaomi Air Purifier 4 Compact

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i4906036289-s20676995954.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1&tradePath=omItm&tradeOrderId=811692144385564&tradeOrderLineId=811692144485564&spm=spm%3Da2o42.order_details.item_title.1

thanks, am buying this one plus the material on back of a fan. it's a table model fan so will have to put it on creatively.  Now to find a Thai speaker to help me buy this air purifier. many thanks.

1 hour ago, cubism001 said:

thanks, am buying this one plus the material on back of a fan. it's a table model fan so will have to put it on creatively.  Now to find a Thai speaker to help me buy this air purifier. many thanks.

Here it is on the LAZ Xiaomi flagship store.  100 baht more, same 1 yr warranty, but a 30 day return vs 7 day return policy.

Posted (edited)
On 3/28/2024 at 2:03 AM, timendres said:

I have been quite happy with my Xiaomi Air Purifier Model 2. I paid about 1,800 THB.

An important consideration is filter replacement, and I have had no troubles for years getting Xiaomi filters.

They have cheaper models, but not sure of coverage:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/xiaomi-youpin-usb-i5043681774-s21326509670.html

where did you buy the model 2 you mentioned?  Thank you Cube

Edited by cubism001
clarity