Stalkers.

7 minutes ago, bob smith said:

They are a bunch of bullies mate..

I stand alone, they hunt in packs!

nothing but spineless, gutless bullies!

regards,

the real bob.

FWIW the the pub has always had "targets" that posters like to gang up and complain about and verbally abuse. You're right, it is pack or herd behaviour. But hey, if it wasn't a poster it would probably be a wife, neighbour or somebody else. Talking of which, where's GG these days! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, bob smith said:

What was said was highly illegal, slanderous and disgusting.

and if you support such behavior then you are just as bad!

Where did I say that I supported it?  Your accusing me of that is just as libellous as those you're accusing of being "slanderous" [sic]!

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Where did I say that I supported it?  Your saying that about me is just as libellous as those you're accusing of being "slanderous" [sic]!

I said  ' and if '

I did not make a false statement purported as a fact!

get it together, Lou!

regards,

the real bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

How about a badge for those posters lacking original content and reduced to commenting on the content of others?

If you like that, sure, go for it.

If you want to use that category for me, feel free to check my currently 23,418 posts. I just looked up the number, just for you.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, bob smith said:
3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Where did I say that I supported it?  Your saying that about me is just as libellous as those you're accusing of being "slanderous" [sic]!

I said  ' and if '

I did not make a statement purported as a fact!

get your facts right lou!

I did get my facts right, you suggested that I was a bad as the ones you're accusing of attacking you, that is a fact.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Mike Lister said:

How about a badge for those posters lacking original content and reduced to commenting on the content of others?

I agree.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If you like that, sure, go for it.

If you want to use that category for me, feel free to check my currently 23,418 posts. I just looked up the number, just for you.

Nope, not for you personally, I know the quality of your posts far better than that.

It was a general point, aimed at several posters, the forum needs posters like Bob and GG, otherwise other posters would have nothing to do, certainly nothing to complain about. What was it the man said? I may not agree with what you said but I will defend with my life your right to say it...or similar. That's where I'm at on this.

• Like 1

If you have a problem with people stalking you then you can report the post or message and we will investigate it.

Here is the relevant forum rule:

11. You will not troll or stalk other members by misusing forum posts, private messages, reactions, emojis or by any other means.

You have turned off your message function, please turn it back on so that moderators can communicate with you, thank you.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

Nope, not for you personally, I know the quality of your posts far better than that.

It was a general point, aimed at several posters, the forum needs posters like Bob and GG, otherwise other posters would have nothing to do, certainly nothing to complain about. What was it the man said? I may not agree with what you said but I will defend with my life your right to say it...or similar. That's where I'm at on this.

Maybe, but maybe not.

There was a time when we had lots of (new) posts from lots of members, and lots of replies.

Then the admins banned a big part of the members and warned many members not to do this and not to do that.

I thought about quitting a couple of times.

And then it seems the rules were made less restrictive again. But probably too late.

If I would not know that there are also quality posts and good members here, and I would look at new posts and only see what Bob and the other guy post all the time, I would probably decide that a forum like that is nothing for me. Too many, IMHO, idiotic posts, mostly from two overambitious members. They are both on my ignore list. But their posts still come up all the time on the right side. And sometimes just reading the headline is enough to know it will be the usual rubbish. And sometimes, just for fun, I add some rubbish to the rubbish thread to wind them up.

Personally, I prefer a forum with few "good" members than one with lots of idiots.

And for me good doesn't mean they have to share my opinion. I am open to read any opinion, as long as they make some sense. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, bob smith said:

over the last few weeks I have noticed a pattern emerging on my threads.

There is a small group of AN members who seem to be stalking me.

Now I know what I say can be rather thought provoking and engaging but there definitely seems to be ulterior motives with this group.

They are nasty, vindictive and downright slanderous.

I have never personally insulted another AN member without provocation,

but this group seem to team up and purposefully antagonize for their sick, twisted pleasure.

yesterday I even had someone impersonate me as bob 2.0..

it's getting a bit strange if I'm being honest,

the obsession with me is growing at an alarming rate.

some members stalk my profile night and day to see what my latest post is and they are just as quick to comment.

I'm all for people expressing themselves and showing their admiration but I think some members have crossed the line,

and their behavior is quite worrying, perhaps they need to seek professional help.

I am worried for their mental well being,

it can't be healthy to be so obsessed over a fellow AN poster and hang on his every word.

it's strange behavior to say the least!

I truly hope that these individuals get the help that they so desperately need.

regards,

the real bob.

As long as they are not crawling out of your laptop or phone I reckon it's easy to handle. Unsubscribe on AN and start a new account. Same with other accounts on social media. It's not a drama at all.🥴. !!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bob smith said:

Yeah ,  stopped reading after I saw  this .You can report it to the mod's , a double identity is not allowed here .

I , personally , find your posts entertaining ad well written ... keep on ...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bob smith said:

over the last few weeks I have noticed a pattern emerging on my threads.

There is a small group of AN members who seem to be stalking me.

Now I know what I say can be rather thought provoking and engaging but there definitely seems to be ulterior motives with this group.

They are nasty, vindictive and downright slanderous.

I have never personally insulted another AN member without provocation,

but this group seem to team up and purposefully antagonize for their sick, twisted pleasure.

it's getting a bit strange if I'm being honest,

the obsession with me is growing at an alarming rate.

some members stalk my profile night and day to see what my latest post is and they are just as quick to comment.

I'm all for people expressing themselves and showing their admiration but I think some members have crossed the line,

and their behavior is quite worrying, perhaps they need to seek professional help.

I am worried for their mental well being,

it can't be healthy to be so obsessed over a fellow AN poster and hang on his every word.

it's strange behavior to say the least!

I truly hope that these individuals get the help that they so desperately need.

regards,

the real bob.

Sorry, are you famous or something?

Please enlighten me as to why anyone would stalk a farang expat here on Asean Now?

Are you an 'andsome man' by any chance?

Just now, Bundooman said:

Sorry, are you famous or something?

Please enlighten me as to why anyone would stalk a farang expat here on Asean Now?

Are you an 'andsome man' by any chance?

Well, his real name is Dan...........😂