Ordering Coffee

Often when I visit Thai restaurants while visiting the U.S., I find myself having to "authenticate" with the wait staff as someone who, indeed, lives in Thailand and regularly eats Thai food. That's the only way I can get Thai-style levels of chili instead of weak Americanized food.

So the other day I found I had come full circle here in Bangkok, when my wife had to spend a minute or two debating (in rapid Thai) with the wait staff at a Black Canyon coffee shop so they would give me what I ordered: espresso over ice. We had to agree he wasn't responsible for how it tastes.

Apparently I am not capable of choosing my own food in any country!

Fortunately, or unfortunately, there are only a few Thai restaurants around a 25 mi. radius of here. But my wife has a few Thai friends who either have worked at these places, or still do. And they have gotten to know us pretty good and always get excellent food. But I have a bit of the same problem, my wife will "suggest" something else for me often, I think just so she can have some also... :o

Edited by gampaan

Fortunately, or unfortunately, there are only a few Thai restaurants around a 25 mi. radius of here. But my wife has a few Thai friends who either have worked at these places, or still do. And they have gotten to know us pretty good and always get excellent food. But I have a bit of the same problem, my wife will "suggest" something else for me often, I think just so she can have some also... :o

Best coffee shop in Thailand is the one near the coach station in Banpong. Prettiest staff. Most beautiful owner too.