Immigration April Holiday Closures

1 hour ago, george said:

If you have a stamp that expires on a day the immigration office is closed (weekend or holiday) AND you go the very next business day they're open you can get your extension like normal, not be fined for overstay. You WILL get an overstay stamp in your passport but it will say (overstay xxx days fine waived due to holiday)

I don't believe this to be true. I have never heard of anyone getting an overstay stamp when going to Immigration the first day after the holiday/weekend during which their permission to stay expired.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, george said:

APRIL HOLIDAY CLOSURES

ALL IMMIGRATION OFFICES IN THAILAND WILL BE CLOSED;

🛑 Monday April 8th

🛑 Friday April 12th

🛑 Monday April 15th

🛑 Tuesday April 16th

NOTE:

If you have a stamp that expires on a day the immigration office is closed (weekend or holiday) AND you go the very next business day they're open you can get your extension like normal, not be fined for overstay. You WILL get an overstay stamp in your passport but it will say (overstay xxx days fine waived due to holiday) BORDERS ARE OPEN LIKE NORMAL

Cr: Tod Daniels (Thanks!)

Thanks My 90day is due 16th so i'll leave it till 3days later, to avoid the masses.

15 hours ago, Sophon said:

I don't believe this to be true. I have never heard of anyone getting an overstay stamp when going to Immigration the first day after the holiday/weekend during which their permission to stay expired.

Agreed. How can they accuse you of being on overstay when their office is closed?

I was once given a weekend day to do my 90-day report. The IO even took my passport back and crossed out the date it showed and changed it to when they were closed. the mind boggles.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

On 3/29/2024 at 10:15 AM, brianthainess said:

Thanks My 90day is due 16th so i'll leave it till 3days later, to avoid the masses.

Mine was due on 11 April, so instead of waiting for later... I went early, 29 March and was only 2 of us in the office at Hua Hin. You can do the 90 day report 15 days early why wait for all the people whom will be there after the holidays?

• 3 weeks later...