Is GTX Drone a Good Scooter?

My Yamaha Nouvo is reaching its end of life (not registered since 2019), but I only drive in Jomtien back alleys now. I'm looking for a new scooter, and the GTX drone/Yamaha Aerox have similar styles and looks. I will only drive inside Pattaya (not on the dark side or Sukhumvit road). Is it a good scooter compared to the Honda Click (very popular in Thailand)? What would you recommend? Yamaha Aerox, GTS drone, or a traditional looking scooter like the Honda Click?

Edited by CartagenaWarlock

5 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

My Yamaha Nouvo is reaching its end of life (not registered since 2019), but I only drive in Jomtien back alleys now. I'm looking for a new scooter, and the GTX drone/Yamaha Aerox have similar styles and looks. I will only drive inside Pattaya (not on the dark side or Sukhumvit road). Is it a good scooter compared to the Honda Click (very popular in Thailand)? What would you recommend? Yamaha Aerox, GTS drone, or a traditional looking scooter like the Honda Click?

Honda Dream lasts many years

It's so easy to try before you buy - make a shortlist, rent each one for a day (or even an hour if you can) and pick the one that you feel the most comfortable on.

Note that most scooters on the market are scaled for an Oriental body - I'm only 173cm and found the Click very cramped and unstable whereas the ADV which I bought is a perfect fit and feels very safe.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

GPX Drone - seen many around Bangkok years back when they first came out, lots of food riders use them too - but then they start disappearing, bad service/warranty and no parts issue?

unless you know what you're doing, have a garage you can take to - better stick with the well known brands like Honda and Yamaha 

• Thumbs Up 1