Carnage at 3am on Sai Yuan Road,

ChipButty

28 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Interesting article, but I'm not sure where 'carnage' fits into it. Are the poles all dead then? :smile:

Russians killed a lot of Poles in ww2 and may do it again. He may have been confused.

12 minutes ago, rexpotter said:
36 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Interesting article, but I'm not sure where 'carnage' fits into it. Are the poles all dead then? :smile:

12 minutes ago, rexpotter said:

Russians killed a lot of Poles in ww2 and may do it again. He may have been confused.

I thought someone might make the connection.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/30/2024 at 2:42 PM, stevenl said:
On 3/30/2024 at 11:10 AM, ChipButty said:

Sounds like it, All the boss's from the PEA also joined in, they have requested his passport is held, around 100,000 per pole x8 plus all the machinery and equipment + labour, Don't forget all the internet cables, 

On 3/30/2024 at 2:42 PM, stevenl said:

Probably insurance will cover.

Not if he was drunk they won't. And a Russian driving at high speed at 3am. What are the odds?

19 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Not if he was drunk they won't. And a Russian driving at high speed at 3am. What are the odds?

Only last week in the same area, but on a bike that time

6 hours ago, rwill said:

At least half of the power poles in Thailand look like they are ready to topple all by themselves.

I'm sure the driver only took out one pole and the others joined in sympathy.  

Agreed.....   It seems there is a standard technique of 'balancing' the poles with just part of the 'bottom buried a little' with a few cables supporting them rather than burying them fully so they are self standing.

We see it regularly and I've witnessed it first hand - A lorry with something 'sticking up' snags one of lower hanging comms wires and 6 or 7 telegraph / power poles come down like a stack of dominoes and the power goes out until they are replaced.

Perhaps authorities know the poles are going to get hit so regularly, so they don't bother making them a permanent fixture !  :whistling:

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

In western countries I would tend to agree with you. Here not so much. Also depends on the insurance. Was it a rental car and was it legally rented with the proper insurance?

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

n another post it says he was only a tourist, could well have been a hire car

Only a tourist?  One of the great quality tourists the government wants?   Did this guy go to jail?  Is the PEA following up with a claim?  Unfortunately, the press never follows up on the details.

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

My experience is that PEA are brilliant at fixing things. All hours, all weathers, they'll come out and do what needs to be done. 

Agreed. MEA in Bangkok installed a new power pole within about 5 hours after a cement truck knocked it down one Sunday morning. Even the guys from 3BB were still working splicing Internet cables at 10pm to get the Soi back online. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LivingNThailand said:

Only a tourist?  One of the great quality tourists the government wants?   Did this guy go to jail?  Is the PEA following up with a claim?  Unfortunately, the press never follows up on the details.

As far as I know he was tourist, if so that was possibly a hire car, or was an hire car whats left of it, 

I agree with you they never follow up on the details, same with the Russian woman who them 2 young guys which was 1 km from this accident, it went silent, 

Edited by ChipButty
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Agreed. MEA in Bangkok installed a new power pole within about 5 hours after a cement truck knocked it down one Sunday morning. Even the guys from 3BB were still working splicing Internet cables at 10pm to get the Soi back online. 

When I had 3BB installed they came on a Sunday and because of a problem worked until 11.30 pm to get it working. We just gave them some Chang and potato chips and they were happy, sitting on the floor doing whatever it was they had to do to get the connection. Imagine that in Farangland.

• Like 1