Trump’s immigration rhetoric makes inroads with some Democrats. A concern for Biden?

Social Media

image.png

The issue of immigration has once again become a central focus in American politics, with former President Donald Trump leading the charge against what he portrays as lax border security policies under President Joe Biden. Trump's anti-immigrant rhetoric, characterized by claims of migrants being dangerous criminals and threats to national security, has found resonance among certain segments of the population, including some Democrats, raising concerns for the Biden administration.

In contrast to Biden's approach, which frames the situation at the border as a policy challenge that can be addressed through congressional action, Trump's messaging emphasizes the need to "secure our borders" and "restore sovereignty." This message, coupled with Trump's depiction of migrants as "poisoning the blood" of America, particularly resonates with his core supporters and has been a recurring theme in his political rallies and online posts.

Recent polls indicate a growing disapproval of Biden's handling of border security, with significant portions of the population expressing concerns about the situation. This includes not only Republicans but also a sizable number of Democrats, as well as Black and Hispanic adults. The perception of a crisis at the border has gained traction among Americans, further fueling support for Trump's hardline stance on immigration.

Some Democratic-leaning voters, disillusioned with Biden's immigration policies, have expressed frustration with the focus on sheltering newly arriving migrants instead of addressing economic challenges within their own communities. This sentiment underscores the complexity of the immigration debate within the Democratic coalition and highlights the need for a nuanced approach to the issue.

In border communities like Eagle Pass, Texas, residents have experienced firsthand the impact of increased migration, leading to concerns about public safety and strain on local resources. While some voters, like Gracie Martinez, still identify as Democrats but support Trump due to his stance on immigration, others, like Rudy Menchaca, are torn between their opposition to Trump's rhetoric and their desire for stronger border security measures.

As the 2022 midterm elections approach, immigration is poised to remain a key issue, with both parties vying to shape the narrative and win over voters. Trump's reelection campaign has launched a multi-million-dollar ad campaign targeting Latino audiences, while Biden's administration seeks to counter Trump's rhetoric and emphasize its commitment to addressing the root causes of migration.

However, amidst the political maneuvering and divisive rhetoric, concerns remain about the potential escalation of tensions and the spread of misinformation regarding immigration. The polarization surrounding the issue reflects broader societal divisions and underscores the need for constructive dialogue and evidence-based policy solutions to address the complex challenges at the border.

Source

image.png

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

As soon as Biden turns the light on. Ahahaa

The lights may go on if they keep pumping him full of industrial grade NoDoz.  But still, nobody will be home.

If I ever showed up at a company meeting like he showed up at the SOTU, I'd have been "randomly" drug tested the next day.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Biden will close the border if the bill was not held up by Maga Mike on Trump's behest. To qoute Biden "If that bill were the law today, I'd shut down the border right now and fix it quickly". Seem the situation is that it is Trump not shutting down the border. Many fall for his trickery.  

You mean the bill that codified and normalized 5,000 illegals entering per day before it even allowed CBP to call a halt?  Assuming, of course, that they were allowed to.  Which history proves, Biden won't let them enforce existing law.  Did you even read the 370 page bill?

• Love It 2

26 minutes ago, impulse said:

You mean the bill that codified and normalized 5,000 illegals entering per day before it even allowed CBP to call a halt?  Assuming, of course, that they were allowed to.  Which history proves, Biden won't let them enforce existing law.  Did you even read the 370 page bill?

Falsehood spread by Maga that the 5,000 illegals allow to enter per day. Read the Bill. Migrants would not be able to cross the border illegally in this Bill. The catch and release policy has been rescinded. Instead those who tried to cross the border illegally would be detained immediately with their asylum claims decided while in detention. This is the most agressive border & security & immigration overhauled bill in decades. Sen James Lankford (R) is a conservative hawk who negotiated this 370 pages Bill. US Border Patrol Union back this Bill. Speaker Mike Johnson on Trump's behest will not even bring the Bill to the House floor. 

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, impulse said:

The lights may go on if they keep pumping him full of industrial grade NoDoz.  But still, nobody will be home.

If I ever showed up at a company meeting like he showed up at the SOTU, I'd have been "randomly" drug tested the next day.

It was a Porky Pig loony tune event, full of 

biden mumbling something about

the murdered college student Lakin Riley at the hands of a sadistic Illegal border crosser!

MtG the Gop rep from Georgia where the murder took place trolled him up by shouting say her name , say her name!

Then he made a two for gaff.Probably bigger then his Trans day gaff during Easter, which his Marxist supporters are trying to walk back.

“Lincoln — Lincoln Riley, an innocent young woman who was killed by an illegal,” Biden said, both botching her name and using a term considered politically incorrect by most Democratic officeholders.

https://nypost.com/2024/03/07/us-news/first-excerpts-released-from-bidens-state-of-the-union-speech/

18 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

You can't hide from this one Joe. Trumps just getting started.

Presidency in peril! The Party that refashioned the old JFk party to fit their Marxist agenda , got some of their base riled up it seems.

Figures from the source:
Roughly two-thirds of Americans now disapprove of how Biden is handling border security, including about 4 in 10 Democrats, 55% of Black adults and 73% of Hispanic adults, according to an Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research poll conducted in March.

Edited by riclag
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

As soon as Biden turns the light on. Ahahaa

As soon as Biden turns the lights on is when the Trump supporters head right down to the swampiest part of the bilge

1 hour ago, Tug said:

As soon as Biden turns the lights on is when the Trump supporters head right down to the swampiest part of the bilge

What does that even mean. Biden has done a dismal job protecting our borders. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

What does that even mean. Biden has done a dismal job protecting our borders. 

I’m living within 10 miles of the border real time all of my property’s are within 20 miles of our southern border we are not being overrun period all stop the biggest immigration legislation in decades I repeat decades was squashed by trump because he needs the issue to distract uninformed people.i think you know exactly what I mean when the lights are bright certain things head to the dark places

On 4/2/2024 at 11:03 AM, Social Media said:

However, amidst the political maneuvering and divisive rhetoric, concerns remain about the potential escalation of tensions and the spread of misinformation regarding immigration.

Misinformation? Is that anything that portrays the reality, or works against Biden?

If Biden is in trouble because of ( illegal ) immigration he only has himself to blame.

Did he think no one would turn up after he reportedly invited illegal immigrants to enter the US?

Did he think that after the border guards were apparently ordered to cut the wire Texas put up that none would actually cross?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

The "bill' that you refer to did nothing to close the border... out of $180 billion dollars there was $20 billion allocated for the border crisis and that was earmarked for housing and accommodations for the illegals not for stopping them... you and your democratic liberal left should read more...

My MAGA mate, buzzwords like close the border and build the wall will not secure the border. Good to excite supporters but it’s just buzzwords. You need a comprehensive bill that include adding resources to the border police and legal teams. It include improving the legal process to clear the backlog of asylum seekers. Yes housing and accommodation are also required. Why is MAGA so afraid of this bill. It should be submit to the House and be voted upon. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tug said:

I’m living within 10 miles of the border real time all of my property’s are within 20 miles of our southern border we are not being overrun period all stop the biggest immigration legislation in decades I repeat decades was squashed by trump because he needs the issue to distract uninformed people.i think you know exactly what I mean when the lights are bright certain things head to the dark places

But, Biden doesn't need the legislation to pass in order to close the border.  He has the authourity to do so by himself. As one other poster quoted him, "pass the bill and I will close the border".  You can do one without the other. 

Hell, Texas TRIED to close the border and the efforts were sabotaged by the federal government. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, impulse said:

Did that synopsis come from the same people who have been telling us for almost 4 years that the border is secure?

Who said that. You have been grossly misinformed by the same people that have been telling lies all the time.  
Even POTUS categorically said this and I quote.

Is the southern border secure? 'No, it's not,' President Biden says

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Who said that. You have been grossly misinformed by the same people that have been telling lies all the time.  
Even POTUS categorically said this and I quote.

Is the southern border secure? 'No, it's not,' President Biden says

You're going to have to provide a link to that.  Because I suspect it's Team Biden in an election year when they finally snapped to the fact that the polls are so heavily against him on immigration.  Looking to blame someone else, when it was his 90+ executive actions that caused the spike.  The invasion, if you will.

If I had access to YouTube, I could post a quite a few videos of Team Biden DHS Chief Mayorkis and Team Biden Border Czar Harris, insisting that the border is secure.  Maybe someone else can help me out there...

Meantime, here's some tidbits:

https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-news/immigration/border-coverage/mayorkas-congress-border/

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2022/09/17/kamala-harris-border-secure-cuelar-smerc-vpx.cnn

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, impulse said:

You're going to have to provide a link to that.  Because I suspect it's Team Biden in an election year when they finally snapped to the fact that the polls are so heavily against him on immigration.  Looking to blame someone else, when it was his 90+ executive actions that caused the spike.  The invasion, if you will.

If I had access to YouTube, I could post a quite a few videos of Team Biden DHS Chief Mayorkis and Team Biden Border Czar Harris, insisting that the border is secure.  Maybe someone else can help me out there...

https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-news/immigration/border-coverage/mayorkas-congress-border/

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2022/09/17/kamala-harris-border-secure-cuelar-smerc-vpx.cnn

There really no snapped to action by Biden. Trump was not successful and in fact made the border problem much worse. He decimated the legal immigration system while failing to deter illegal migration. Biden is ratifying the problems leave behind by Trump. 

https://thehill.com/opinion/immigration/4497637-biden-is-trying-to-fix-trumps-broken-immigration-system/

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4419806-biden-says-border-hasnt-been-secure-for-the-last-10-years/#:~:text=President Joe Biden said that,the White House on Friday.

1 hour ago, impulse said:

You’re right, after looking at the sourced  Hill articles,The looney tune team biden says it is.

And the other Hill source is from 

a dem activist opinion Ms Cardona!

• Like 1