JK Rowling in ‘arrest me’ challenge over hate crime law

Social Media

5 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

JK Rowling will not be arrested under new Scottish hate law, say police

‘No further action’ over posts by author and gender-critical activist despite complaints

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/apr/02/jk-rowling-will-not-be-arrested-under-new-scottish-hate-law-say-police

All that means is that she won't be arrested for what she said BEFORE the law was passed... wait for it... if she or someone else makes the same statements now that the perverts are in charge... 555

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Her issue is that people born with a penis are male and people born with  vagina are females 

Nothing to do with Nazis

Oh so she didn’t display her ignorance on the matter of transgender books being burned?

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Just threats of rape, murder, beatings etc.

Par for the course when dealing with radical leftist trans activists. 

https://www.mailplus.co.uk/edition/news/society/87313/jk-rowling-reveals-rape-and-death-threats-from-hundreds-of-trans-activists

Her crime? Believing in biological reality. 

Precisely the kind of hate that this law addresses.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Celsius said:

While waiting for a train in Toronto, a woman who looked suspiciously like JKR needed to pee, but the female toilet was closed. She then goes towards the poor toilet cleaner and screams....today I identify as a man 🤣

I peed in the ladies toilet today. 2 quaker ladies stood watch outside the door.

• Love It 1

49 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Wouldn't it be better to wait until she has allegedly violated this new statute before arresting here?

Has any of her "speech" to date violated this new law.

Why does she want to be arrested if she hasn't done anything wrong.

Strange behavior from this woman based on the fact that one of the major undertones of the HP arc is discrimination within the fictional "wizarding community".

She comes across as a bit of a fraud.

Precisely that.

She’s chosen to become the poster child for bigots and transphobes stoking their self awarded grievance - poor poor me, I can’t spew hate on other people.

Nobody has silenced JKR, nobody has censured her.

If she wishes to debate the issue she can do so without reporting to hate mongering.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I don't think they've got the minerals to go after Rowling. It would be all over the news and expose their law for what it is, deeply/darkly authoritarian and anti-free speech, for all the world to see. It would be highly embarrassing for the Scottish government and the Scottish police.  

The cowards will quietly use this to silence the little people. The "non crime hate incidents" were not enough for them, they wanted to ramp it up a notch. 

Again, she hasn’t broken the law.

So why would ‘they go after her’?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

So why claim she wasn't being persecuted when she clearly has been? 😄

As I said before, this law is designed to protect certain groups and I have a suspicion that so called TERF's (as you ilk like to refer to them) are not top of the list. I'd imagine hate speech against Jews will be allowed to continue as well, much as it has in London. 

It's designed to be vague so it can be selectively enforced as and when the police wish to silence someone. Much like Thailand. Scotland is regressing at an alarming rate under the SNP. 

JKR has suffered online abuse, it’s exactly the kind of thing this laws addresses and calls for regulation of social media address.

She’s not been arrested, she’s not being censored, she’s persecuted by anyone beyond the very kind of people she’s giving cover for.

When did I ever use the term ‘TERFS’?

My Ilk? 

Hate speech against Jews? 

And of course you add in conspiracy.

You’re on a roll Jonny.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, GarryP said:

TRA is all over the place. Can't believe you don't know that one - Transgender rights Activists (gender added just for you to help your understanding). AGPs - blokes turned on by seeing themselves as women, i.e. blokes with autogynephilia. 

Rubbish. I never heard it or read it being used till this thread. Not everyone reading this forum lives in wokeland.

• Love It 1

8 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Hate is a subjective term. That's why they've used it in the bill. 

I have already said precisely why they are turning a blind eye to Rowling. It's their cowardice, nothing to do with the content of her words or her opinions. They simply don't have the stones to take her on and embarrass themselves on the world stage. 

You assert ‘they are turning a blind eye’.

Evidence?

Perhaps evidence of her spewing hate? 

Or perhaps you don’t have any thing to back up this conspiracy of yours.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Hate of course, meaning anyone that disagrees with your opinion 😄.

What they have essentially done is made it illegal to dislike something that they have designated as the government approved opinion. Just as you hate "gammon" as you frequently refer to them, why should other people like things you have approved? People are free to like or dislike anything they want, they don't have to follow your or anyone else's guidelines on their thoughts/opinions.

What happened to freedom of opinion, freedom of expression? Not authoritarian enough for you?

That’s not any kind of a definition of hatred.

But by all means, hate whoever you like, you just don’t get to spew it on them or incite others to hate.

I do understand how for some this would be a challenging restriction to their behavior.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You assert ‘they are turning a blind eye’.

Evidence?

Perhaps evidence of her spewing hate? 

Or perhaps you don’t have any thing to back up this conspiracy of yours.

Hate is a subjective term. It's basically a strong dislike. Disliking things is a natural human emotion. Like love, anger, envy etc. You can't legislate it against it. Everyone dislikes things, just like you dislike "Gammon" and frequently use it as an insult on this forum. 

You should be careful Chomps, your frequent use of that word could land you in trouble with this new law since it is racially charged and also ageist. Say No to the hate Monster Chomps.

image.png.bc75d1733214d52c8645fca7d10e7205.png

image.png.c9b8ef06e75bbd9d26447de2d2ada1a4.png

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

There are actual examples of hate speech out there that do stir up hatred and bad actions, but the threshold needs to be set high for prosecution, not low, and should include politicians as they are IMO the prime example of people using hate speech.

Agreed

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Like calling people Gammon on this forum for likes?

You mean people who propose baiting Muslims with bacon at the start of Ramadan? 

Doesn’t it come from the same animal as that bacon of yours?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, proton said:

Why do you think a mufti millionaire and best selling author needs publicity? Thank God somebody is standing up to this insanity of criminalizing people for calling a man in a dress a man and not respecting their fantasy of being a women when they are not.

She’s not standing up for anything.

She’s saying come and arrest me when she knows she hasn’t broken any laws.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Rubbish. I never heard it or read it being used till this thread. Not everyone reading this forum lives in wokeland.

You need to get your head out of this place and read more mainstream stuff.  

7 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Indeed.

Politicians like Yousaf himself as he pulls controrted/angry faces and can barely stop the spittle flying from his mouth as he repeats the word WHAITE as he shows disgust for Caucasian people holding positions of power in their native land.

Also his native land. 

By the way, you spelt white incorrectly.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You mean people who propose baiting Muslims with bacon at the start of Ramadan? 

Strawman. I said it was equally inappropriate as promoting Trans ideology at Easter. In other words, just as bad. 

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Doesn’t it come from the same animal as that bacon of yours?

Indeed. Gammon is a disgusting racist insult. Calling white people pigs. I'm surprised you would use it. 

• Agree 2

18 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Indeed.

Politicians like Yousaf himself as he pulls controrted/angry faces and can barely stop the spittle flying from his mouth as he repeats the word WHAITE as he shows disgust for Caucasian people holding positions of power in their native land.

He said this despite the population of Scotland being 96% white/caucasian. WTF did he expect. Love that the Scottish police are being inundated with complaints about this speech under the new law, i.e. it is interpretted as hate speech. They won't do anything though. 

Edited by GarryP

Tweeting this constitutes a Non Crime Hate Incident:

“Choosing to identify as ‘non-binary’ is as valid as choosing to identify as a cat. I’m not sure governments should be spending time on action plans for either.”

"Even if the police decide to take no action, they may register the report as a “hate incident”, not considered a crime. This has already occurred to an MSP, Murdo Fraser, who stated on social media that: “Choosing to identify as ‘non-binary’ is as valid as choosing to identify as a cat. I’m not sure governments should be spending time on action plans for either.” The police have defended the recording of hate incidents, saying it helps them “monitor tensions within communities, enabling appropriate police responses”. But is that their job?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/apr/01/scotland-hate-crime-law-public-debate

The police would be better served in seeking to “monitor tensions within communities, enabling appropriate police responses” by, er, actually walking the beat and engaging with people directly.

Barmy.