JK Rowling in ‘arrest me’ challenge over hate crime law

Social Media

17 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

I think you'll find JonnyF was spelling the word the way it was pronounced by the FM.

Maybe that, though, is a hate crime: highlighting a regional accent. You can report it at the local sex shop or a fish processing factory if you like. 

If Jonnyf used the same device whenever he mentioned anyone else who had a regional accent then that might make sense. I don't recall him being consistent on that though.

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

I posted the video for you to watch. I suggest you do so, you will see that he is extremely angry about having white people in these posiitons of power. It is not ambiguous. 

You posted 1 minute and 5 seconds of a speech that consisted of much more.

I appreciate that the thought of being able to denigrate a brown skinned man who, at the most superficial of glances, said something which could be construed as racist is catnip to you, but if you had bothered to use your intellect rather than allowing your true nature to lead you down this alley of fallacies, all your inherent biases wouldn't be laid bare once again.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

If Jonnyf used the same device whenever he mentioned anyone else who had a regional accent then that might make sense. I don't recall him being consistent on that though.

Actually I frequently refer to "Oirish" Joe Biden.

As stated, if you think this is evidence that the hate monster has got me, feel free to report me to the Scoatesh police. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

You posted 1 minute and 5 seconds of a speech that consisted of much more.

I appreciate that the thought of being able to denigrate a brown skinned man who, at the most superficial of glances, said something which could be construed as racist is catnip to you, but if you had bothered to use your intellect rather than allowing your true nature to lead you down this alley of fallacies, all your inherent biases wouldn't be laid bare once again.

Are you really a Scot..........?  🤔

3 hours ago, GarryP said:

This very recent Jonathan Pie comedy video on the Scottish Hate Crime Bill is really entertaining and sheds some light on the subject. You can't make this sh!t up. The last few seconds had me laughing out loud. 

Thanks for posting. You indeed can't make this <deleted> up. What I find particularly disturbing is the vast network of official 'Third Party Reporting Centres' where you can dob someone in.

"I'm just off down the chippy ma, oh, and I'll drop by the British Deaf Association on the way to dob in Mr McGregor for calling me a fat <deleted>. Mind you I'll have to speak up a bit".

There are an astonishing 94 - yes, 94 - such 'centres' in Greater Glasgow alone. WTF.

Third Party Reporting Centres

You can find your local Hate Crime Third Party Reporting Centre in the relevant document for your area below.

https://www.scotland.police.uk/contact-us/reporting-hate-crime/third-party-reporting-centres/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Indeed.

Politicians like Yousaf himself as he pulls controrted/angry faces and can barely stop the spittle flying from his mouth as he repeats the word WHAITE as he shows disgust for Caucasian people holding positions of power in their native land.

That  retard wants to checkout the ethnicity of Scooooooooooootland .... 96% whaaaaaaite if anything they should be removing any other race as theyre probably over represented

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

She comes across as a bit of a fraud.

Yes. Remember when she liked a tweet that said trans women were just men in dresses and then got her agent to apologize by saying she accidentally liked the tweet when she "mishandled" the phone. Lol

I have no problem with her or anyone voicing their opinion but like Jordan Peterson, Graham Linehan, Laurence Fox and others she's highly antagonistic and deliberately courts trouble in an attempt of vainglory. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

Yes. Remember when she liked a tweet that said trans women were just men in dresses and then got her agent to apologize by saying she accidentally liked the tweet when she "mishandled" the phone. Lol

I have no problem with her or anyone voicing their opinion but like Jordan Peterson, Graham Linehan, Laurence Fox and others she's highly antagonistic and deliberately courts trouble in an attempt of vainglory. 

From what I've read all the people you mentioned are against men using ladies toilets, personally I would not call that being antagonistic. Do you think it's a good idea, what can possibly go wrong?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

From what I've read all the people you mentioned are against men using ladies toilets, personally I would not call that being antagonistic. Do you think it's a good idea, what can possibly go wrong?

I'm not talking about specific issues. Those can be debated. I'm talking about Peterson's angry rants, Fox's pathetic sarcasm, Linehan's hateful comments and Rowling's intransigence. 

Just now, Baht Simpson said:

I'm not talking about specific issues. Those can be debated. I'm talking about Peterson's angry rants, Fox's pathetic sarcasm, Linehan's hateful comments and Rowling's intransigence. 

Sorry if you don't want to talk about Linehans concerns about men using ladies toilets then you are cherry picking, talk about things that matter!

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Sorry if you don't want to talk about Linehans concerns about men using ladies toilets then you are cherry picking, talk about things that matter!

You're right. I'm not at all interested in Linehan's concerns because I don't see him as a serious commentator. And I'm not sure I want to talk about toilet provisions either because it's so tedious. 🙂 

My point was a general one about how I perceive these people, not about any particular issue.

5 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

My point was a general one about how I perceive these people, not about any particular issue.

"These people!".

I don't see how Jo Rowling belongs in this group.Was including her just your attempt to smear? To many thousands of women she is a hero - brave, compassionate and honest.What you call intransigence, I suspect the vast majority sees a fierce honesty.

Yet I admit there is a generational gap.Lets hope the young's views change.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Indeed.

Politicians like Yousaf himself as he pulls controrted/angry faces and can barely stop the spittle flying from his mouth as he repeats the word WHAITE as he shows disgust for Caucasian people holding positions of power in their native land.

A great ending to that video would be him saying :

Leader of the Scottish nationalist party : White .

The after a pause him saying , "No, that is me and I'm not White"

And then someone handing him his P45 and telling him that hes just been fired from his job and his replacement is White 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1