16-Year-Old Boy Killed, His 12-Year-Old Brother Survives Motorbike Accident

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya —A 16-year-old boy was killed while his 12-year-old brother was injured when their motorbike crashed into a trailer truck in Pattaya on Tuesday afternoon, April 2nd, 2024. The two brothers were travelling to Pattaya to visit their mom, according to the surviving boy.

The accident occurred at around 1:00 PM near the entrance of Soi Nong Ket Yai 7 in the Nongprue sub-district, Banglamung district, Chonburi province. Pattaya police and Sawang Boriboon rescue workers rushed to the scene following a report of the tragic accident.

There, authorities found the victim, identified only by his first name as “Po,” lying deceased under the trailer truck. The 16-year-old boy had suffered grievous injuries from being crushed by the truck.

By Aim Tanakorn

PHOTO: Thairath Online

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-04-03

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

SIAMSNUS

• Sad 6

27 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Looks as if the lorry driver is in trouble. "Didn't see the bike" isn't a get out of jail free card.

How do you figure? Have you already reviewed the CCTV? Maybe it was not possible to see, or the bike came too quick.

12 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

How do you figure? Have you already reviewed the CCTV? Maybe it was not possible to see, or the bike came too quick.

You do seem to make a habit of not reading (or not understanding) the linked article. Here, I'll help you:

The truck driver, Mr. Jarin Petchad, 30, told police that he was turning into Soi Nong Ket Yai 7 when he collided with the motorcycle. He claimed he was unaware of the motorbike and only realized about it upon impact.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You do seem to make a habit of not reading (or not understanding) the linked article. Here, I'll help you:

The truck driver, Mr. Jarin Petchad, 30, told police that he was turning into Soi Nong Ket Yai 7 when he collided with the motorcycle. He claimed he was unaware of the motorbike and only realized about it upon impact.

No, I read that but do you know how it happened?

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, 0ffshore360 said:

Under-passing a long wheelbase truck turning wide to left from right ? Tragic error .

Common error, just yesterday i had 3 kids sat on there asses whilst indicating and making a left turn, they get on a motorcycle and they become immortal.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Truck turning into a Soi, motorcycle not giving an inch...

Seen it a thousand times, outcome is pretty much the same every time.

I often read the comment that the bikes get into the lorry drivers 'blind spot'... that as maybe but motorcycles try to pass or are riding on the inside of a lorry, and the lorry wants to move or turn left. These days lorries should not have these blind spots, and if they are such a danger to other road users they need to be more restricted. Now I got them on the Railway line bypass, added to Bangkok mini-bus/vans driving recklessly and too fast there, avoiding work on Sukhumvit... certainly need to be careful on my small motorcycle. 

• Like 1

Just now, jacko45k said:

I often read the comment that the bikes get into the lorry drivers 'blind spot'... that as maybe but motorcycles try to pass or are riding on the inside of a lorry, and the lorry wants to move or turn left. These days lorries should not have these blind spots, and if they are such a danger to other road users they need to be more restricted. Now I got them on the Railway line bypass, added to Bangkok mini-bus/vans driving recklessly and too fast there, avoiding work on Sukhumvit... certainly need to be careful on my small motorcycle. 

Yes, be careful and not ride with your head up your ass,they cant wait, have to be at the front of  queen cant wait a second, desperate to get to the after life, idiots beyond belief.

I see it in Bangkok everyday. 

Big truck needs to pull out wide then cut left across the lanes of the traffic to turn into a small soi. A motorbike or car speeding up their lane has no chance. You've got to be on your toes to not smash into the back of the car in front that has had to suddenly stop in the middle of the lane. 

Typical death coming soon bike - no mirrors and ultra thin tyres, whenever I see them I just know it's a matter of time before their brains are splattered across the road.  I just don't get it from a Thai parent perspective, they literally spoil the sons with anything they can, but not funding the boy racer mods and gasoline is a bit too much for them?

Edited by eyeman

46 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Bangkok Barry 1 -0

• Haha 1

I know young Thais look younger but the 2 who sped past me yesterday couldn't have been more than ten years old.  This is testament to Thai parenting and lack of policing.

• Agree 2

25 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

I see it in Bangkok everyday. 

Big truck needs to pull out wide then cut left across the lanes of the traffic to turn into a small soi. A motorbike or car speeding up their lane has no chance. You've got to be on your toes to not smash into the back of the car in front that has had to suddenly stop in the middle of the lane. 

Also consider in turning to the left, the driver sits on the right side of the truck. Even with left side mirrors it would be difficult to see a motorbike close to the truck.

27 minutes ago, eyeman said:

I just don't get it from a Thai parent perspective

Add that to parents with helmetless very young sitting on parent's lap on a motorbike.

• Like 1

Undertaking will take you to the undertakers. They do it here all the time even if you are indicating, and if you have a trailer then many blind spots on turning. If you can't see my mirrors I can't see you, used to be signs on the rear of trucks in the UK. 

• Agree 1

RIP for the kid of course, but on the other hand it is a daily practice that young kids with no proper driving education get fatal accidents... as long as the Government/police aren't  doing anything it will continue

On 4/3/2024 at 7:27 AM, 0ffshore360 said:

Under-passing a long wheelbase truck turning wide to left from right ? Tragic error .

And one that wouldn’t happen if the rider was properly trained and competent.