Immigration-office Thailand

May I plse ask you guys, does anyone have a copy of that policeorder where it stipulates the demand for extension of stay 1 year based on retirement...... Would really like to have that if possible, the one I have is old already by many years.

Thank you,

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo18

19 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

The latest Police order regarding the criteria for an extension based on retirement is here: 35-2561 (2019 (changed clause 2.22 of 327-2557 ENG.pdf 

Is that what you're seeking?

To some degree yes, but I am swedish and like most of the rest of the world oustide you 3 small countries of England USA and Australia we all can present a income-letter to the immigration as you now... And if that income is not up to 800.000B yearly we can make a combo with money in the bank for the remaining amount up to 800K.....

I can not see in that policeorder anything at all mentioning this our incomeletter, only the procedure for 3 countries out of 250 other countries......

• Like 1

It is always recommended when researching a Thai Immigration related issue, to start from the latest version of the official requirements (like the one Liquorice posted above re the application requirements for a 1-year extension based on your Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement). 

But similarly important you need to take into account that in this crazy country which we all love that:

#1 - Every one of the more than 80 Imm Offices in the 77 Thai provinces, have the authority to change and amend the official requirements, with additional requirements as they see fit.  So what's required and accepted at the Imm Office in province X, can be rejected for not meeting 'their' requirements/interpretation at an Imm Office in another province. Hence the need when posting a request for information on an Immigration practice, to mention the specific Imm Office where you would apply.  

#2 - To complicate things even more, the requirements to be met do not only depend on the Imm Office where you apply, but also the specific Imm Officer handling your application, can apply his interpretation of the requirements to be met.

#3 - Also be aware that several of the official requirements are 'updated' not by re-issuing an updated official version, but by issuing additional Police-orders on specific parts of the requirements.  And obviously - this is Thailand - some Imm Offices or rather the Imm Officers that are supposed to execute these additional requirements 'never got the Memo'.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, glegolo18 said:

To some degree yes, but I am swedish and like most of the rest of the world oustide you 3 small countries of England USA and Australia we all can present a income-letter to the immigration as you now... And if that income is not up to 800.000B yearly we can make a combo with money in the bank for the remaining amount up to 800K.....

I can not see in that policeorder anything at all mentioning this our incomeletter, only the procedure for 3 countries out of 250 other countries......

The "combination method" is one of the official options you have to meet the financial requirements for the 1-year extension based on your Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement.

But as mentioned in my earlier post above this one - It will depend on the Imm Office where you apply, whether they allow that you make use of the "combination-method" to meet the financial requirements for your application. Several Imm offices do not allow the use of that method, and if they do there are sometimes some minor additional requirements to be met when making use of that method.

Edited by Red Phoenix

17 minutes ago, glegolo18 said:

I believe you're looking for the original order 327-2557 (2014) - Criteria for extension ENG.pdf 

Section 2.22

Or perhaps this one; Amend 138-2557 (2018 ) clause 2.18-2.22 for Thai bank income ENG.pdf 

Section 2.22

Edited by Liquorice

2 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

The "combination method" is one of the options you have to meet the financial requirements for the 1-year extension based on your Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement.

But as mentioned in my earlier post above this one - It will depend on the Imm Office where you apply, whether they allow that you make use of the "combination-method" to meet the financial requirements for your application. 

Red Phoenix, many many thanks for your great explanation. Of course I will remember what you stated. Just as a small notice concerning my office in Chaiyaphum immigration. Now when I went there to help out a friend, it seems that the combo-method who before had no need to be seasoned att all, now have changed into a 2 month before/3 months after of the combo-money.... AND the most "funny" They demanded from my friend photos, yes photos just like they wish to have for marriage-extension... even though this was based on retirement... I asked them (politely) and got replied that for 1st timers you need to have photographs from kitchen bedroom livingroom outside house.....  wanted to inform you...

Thanks for all your help

glegolo

• Thanks 1

@glegolo18
If it's your intention to use the combo method, I suggest you confirm with Chaiyaphum their interpretation of the funds part of the combo.
For the income part, whether you use monthly overseas transfers or an Embassy Income letter is immaterial, as both are acceptable.

These ambiguously written clauses are interpreted differently by various IO's regarding the funds in the bank part.

Screenshot2024-04-04090050.jpg.ab0e1d519b6a9b4c061b5631bb94deee.jpg

I've read of expats using 200K funds in the bank and the remaining 600K evidenced by proof of income.

Clause 5 suggests funds and income must total 800K, then 3 months after the extension is granted you can withdraw funds under the same condition as stated in (4).

However, (4) refers to withdrawing half of 800K and the remaining balance must be no less than 400K.

My IO's interpretation of those clauses is that if using the combo method, you must maintain no less than a funds balance of 400K throughout the year.

Check Chaiyaphum interpretation about the funds part. i.e. If you're using 400K as the funds part, can you withdraw half (200K) 3 months after the extension is granted, or do you have to maintain a minimum balance of 400K.

Edited by Liquorice
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thank you again, very valuable.. just to notice that in Chaiyaphum during all my years here

they have never demanded, always followed the law thar the combo-money in the bank, just have to be in the bank on the day at application and can be dealt with in whatever way to owner prefer.... So maybe they have changed now. OK I shall go there to find out.....

• Like 1

Go to your LOCAL IMMIGRATION OFFICE to see what THEIR POLICIES are.

In the past 11 years, my office has ADDED requirements 3 different times.

Usually a LOCAL IO will have a printed list of THEIR requiremens.( POLICY )

As a example, TM-30 policies vary office to office.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1