new Brexit regulations will lead to price increases and less choice.

As I understand it,Europe have been charging the UK an export tax since Brexit,the useless UK government should have imposed the import duties at the same time,they didn't because they couldn't get their act together(what's new),today the news is full of UK farmers going to go bust because they no longer get subsidies from the corrupt EU and before the remoaners start agreeing with that-where the heck do you think the money for the subsidies came from in the first place,it came from the British tax payer,paid into the grasping hands of the corrupt regime known as the EU who then doled out a small amount back to the UK as various subsidies the rest went to feather the nests of all the politicians and their hangers on in Brussels and Strasbourg.

Please also note that the Brexit that was voted for has not yet been implemented and I doubt it ever will be, so those remoaners who keep blaming Brexit for all the ills in the UK need to first check their facts,it would help if those who are supposedly in charge knew how to balance the books(never mind cook them).

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

21 hours ago, lungbing said:

British Camembert, and in fact all British cheeses, are just as good as anything the French can produce.

There are some excellent British cheeses, the best are world class.

But please don’t get carried away with yourself. ‘All British cheese are just as good as anything the French can produce’.

There’s a lot of British cheese that deserves the prefix ‘Rat-Trap’.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/5/2024 at 1:42 PM, kwilco said:

It is a sad fact that the average Brexiteer is so dim that they can't even understand allegory but prefers to rely on prejudices instead of rational thought.

PS it's spelt "sauce" and that would be vinaigrette.

Where are you from, I just want to compare dimness.................?    🤔

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There are some excellent British cheeses, the best are world class.

But please don’t get carried away with yourself. ‘All British cheese are just as good as anything the French can produce’.

There’s a lot of British cheese that deserves the prefix ‘Rat-Trap’.

No, those are American cheeses, I say cheeses reluctantly........🤨

Just now, transam said:

No, those are American cheeses, I say cheeses reluctantly........🤨

Oddly I’m referring to British cheeses I’ve bought in the UK including directly at the creamery where some of them were made; two of which I visited during my last visit to the UK.

I love cheese, I’m always on the lookout for good cheeses and I’m a big fan of some of the excellent, world class even, cheeses that are produced in the UK.

I’m quite certain that when I refer to British cheese, I am referring to British cheese.

So much so that so brought 10kg of English cheese back with me from my last trip.

You should make a trip to the UK yourself, you’ll find some great cheeses available; and when you’ve tried those you’ll more readily spot the rat trap cheeses that are also produced in the UK.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Oddly I’m referring to British cheeses I’ve bought in the UK including directly at the creamery where some of them were made; two of which I visited during my last visit to the UK.

I love cheese, I’m always on the lookout for good cheeses and I’m a big fan of some of the excellent, world class even, cheeses that are produced in the UK.

I’m quite certain that when I refer to British cheese, I am referring to British cheese.

So much so that so brought 10kg of English cheese back with me from my last trip.

You should make a trip to the UK yourself, you’ll find some great cheeses available; and when you’ve tried those you’ll more readily spot the rat trap cheeses that are also produced in the UK.

Seeing as I spent a great deal of my life in England I am fully aware of what's on offer, though whilst there, my favourite was Canadian Cheddar, though British Blue cheese is a close second.......

I don't/didn't buy questionable cheese, I leave that too you from across the pond....🤭 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If I might correct you.

You of course know what was on offer when you were last there, however, the craft cheese market has changed dramatically in recent years and was up until Brexit doing really well, refer linked article in my last post.

I’m in Thailand, I don’t recall crossing any ponds on way from LHR to BKK.

Sadly you don't watch videos, but I can highly recommend Borough Market, Southwark, excellent choice of cheeses from around the world....

https://boroughmarket.org.uk/market-blog/press-release/have-a-gouda-time-at-borough-markets-evening-of-cheese-this-christmas/

https://bigcheeseweekender.com/

Every day there you will find many types of cheeses at this market....:licklips:

8 minutes ago, transam said:

Sadly you don't watch videos, but I can highly recommend Borough Market, Southwark, excellent choice of cheeses from around the world....

https://boroughmarket.org.uk/market-blog/press-release/have-a-gouda-time-at-borough-markets-evening-of-cheese-this-christmas/

https://bigcheeseweekender.com/

Every day there you will find many types of cheeses at this market....:licklips:

I’m sure it’s wonderful, but watching a video doesn’t come close to visiting a creamery, seeing their cheeses being made, tasting their products and buying the ones you like best.

All this talk of cheese has got me peckish, I’ve just cut myself a piece of 3 year old Cornish Cruncher, which I’m about to enjoy with M&S Black Olive crackers and some home made Greengage Jam - A video could not do it justice.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m sure it’s wonderful, but watching a video doesn’t come close to visiting a creamery, seeing their cheeses being made, tasting their products and buying the ones you like best.

All this talk of cheese has got me peckish, I’ve just cut myself a piece of 3 year old Cornish Cruncher, which I’m about to enjoy with M&S Black Olive crackers and some home made Greengage Jam - A video could not do it justice.

No, not with you in it.....................🤣

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, kwilco said:

No such thing - Camembert is origin protected....which BTW under EU regs Stilton no longer is so it can be copied throughout the world. It is also symptomatic that Brexiteers know so little about "the good things in life".

Your comment about British cheeses just shows how little you know about world cheeses and the varieties available - bet you don't even know where Cheddar is.

I've been there, and, dare I say it, gorged myself.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, kwilco said:

No such thing - Camembert is origin protected....which BTW under EU regs Stilton no longer is so it can be copied throughout the world. It is also symptomatic that Brexiteers know so little about "the good things in life".

Your comment about British cheeses just shows how little you know about world cheeses and the varieties available - bet you don't even know where Cheddar is.

That's an interesting comment. No, not really. I'm joking.

I guess you were joking too, when you suggested someone's knowledge and preference for cheese is in some way connected to a vote.

I know people that don't like cheese. Not sure how they voted in the referendum though.

On 4/6/2024 at 11:21 PM, RayC said:

Here we go again. Brexit isn't the problem, it's the way it was implemented.

So what Brexit should have been implemented? What exactly should the UK government have done differently? What does it need to do now to realise the promised Brexit benefits?

You are quite capable of doing some research just like I can, the problem is that remoaners like to use Brexit as the scapegoat instead of blaming the incompetence of those in government for the state of the UK economy.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, cmjl said:

You are quite capable of doing some research just like I can, the problem is that remoaners like to use Brexit as the scapegoat instead of blaming the incompetence of those in government for the state of the UK economy.

Exactly the response I expected. However, you are correct. I am quite capable of doing some research. That research offered the following when I searched for the phrase, "Brexit benefits" (other results are variations on a theme):

https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/article/explainer/what-benefits-brexit-does-government-claim

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/feb/04/brexit-trade-perks-firms-business-department-leaving-eu-companies

Imo calling the benefits, "all a bit marginal" is being generous. All a bit pitiful is closer to the truth.

• Agree 2