Manchester United: Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp warns rivals must improve to beat Arsenal

CharlieH

image.png

Jurgen Klopp has warned Manchester United they will get beaten by Arsenal next month if they play like they did against his Liverpool side.

Klopp urged Liverpool to "stay calm" after losing the Premier League leadership this weekend, drawing 2-2 draw at Old Trafford on Sunday.

United could yet help Klopp's side, as they host Arsenal - the new leaders - on the season's penultimate weekend.

However, Klopp fears United need to up their game if they are to halt Mikel Arteta's side.

"Probably," said the Liverpool boss, when asked if he would be cheering for United on 11 May. "If we are still around then that would be great.

"But Arsenal are a good football team. If they [United] play like today, Arsenal will win the game, I am 100% sure. I am sorry to say that."

Sunday's match was Liverpool second visit to Old Trafford in three weeks - and they had a total of 53 shots over those two matches, yet won neither. They were beaten 4-3 in an FA Cup quarter-final on 17 March, and have now dropped what could be two crucial Premier League points in their battle with Arsenal and Manchester City.

"It is a fact we should have won both games but didn't," Klopp said.

Nevertheless, he added that Liverpool supporters should not lose faith in their club's ability to mark the German's final season at Anfield by winning a record-equalling 20th title.

"To the whole Liverpool community, just stay calm," he said.

FULL STORY

sPORT-bbc.png

They should have won both; but as Kloppie says; they didn't.

At half time yesterday United has not even had a shot at goal. But they came out with a different game-plan - passing the ball and breaking sweat - then got the draw.

And to think that United should have been owned by their supporters. They had the chance a few years back.

I'll tell you what. Wouldn't it be a good idea to reduce the admission prices; to say a flim a head? Away supporters too. Go to a big match. What with travelling, entrance fee, pork pie and 5 pints of best, and 100 squids is well gone. And you sit there watching players on 100k a week scared to lose weight by sweating and not wanting to mess up their hair.

Give the game back to the supporters I say.

All Arsenal need to do is take their chances, unlike Liverpool who dominated the game against United and still almost lost.

I'd imagine a few United fans wouldn't be too upset to lose to Arsenal. It could stop Liverpool winning the title and also increase pressure on Ten Hag who many of them want removed. It's not like they can get top 5 anyway.

The best Liverpool team couldn't beat the worst United team.

Plus United played with 10 men, this season ETH comes out on top 2 draws and a win for United 

Edited by ChipButty