Thailand's currency becomes one of Asia’s worst performers

webfact

19 hours ago, Mike Lister said:

I wrote that Tuesday for another purpose elsewhere and simply copied it without bothering to check the rate. It doesn't really change the argument. 

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/THB%3DX

there is no argument, only interested on the source.... today is back to your quote at 36.6???? hope it will keep going up

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

there is no argument, only interested on the source.... today is back to your quote at 36.6???? hope it will keep going up

Sorry, I don't mean argument as in arguing, I mean argument as in my meaning. 

And yes, I think 36.69 must a support level for the pair because it keeps returning to that point.

No sympathy from me, 7% is a start but it's a relatively small change. If you want to see a poorly performing currency against the Thai Baht look at the GBP.

THB-GBPhistorical.jpg.41a06eaf68340838d6d7501933941cf6.jpg

Going from 75.5 Baht in September 2005 down to 37.4 in August 2019 was a drop of almost exactly 50%. Even today, at just under 46 Baht, it's still a reduction of almost 40%. Let's see the THB drop by, say, another ~20% and then things might get more interesting and fun.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

No sympathy from me, 7% is a start but it's a relatively small change. If you want to see a poorly performing currency against the Thai Baht look at the GBP.

THB-GBPhistorical.jpg.41a06eaf68340838d6d7501933941cf6.jpg

Going from 75.5 Baht in September 2005 down to 37.4 in August 2019 was a drop of almost exactly 50%. Even today, at just under 46 Baht, it's still a reduction of almost 40%. Let's see the THB drop by, say, another ~20% and then things might get more interesting and fun.

Nothing whatsoever to do with Pound Baht, try looking at Pound Dollar, look familiar!

Screenshot(87).png.620780f66ea9f65b51ccc2558a7a4700.png

https://www.macrotrends.net/2549/pound-dollar-exchange-rate-historical-chart