Ripping up Beach Road Walkway After the New Tiles are Laid

Banana7

On 4/11/2024 at 10:51 PM, NanLaew said:

That's hardly "ripping up" anything. Looks like a limited amount of flagstones have been lifted for some cable work.

This is what I call ripped up.

239645.thumb.jpg.17f37fee98f2e45bacc661cef2eb3f23.jpg

Now, stop gurning.

No, this is not ripping up either. I'd file it under extensive lifting.

On 4/11/2024 at 11:35 PM, Banana7 said:

I don't gurn, I say it with a straight face, it's a rip-up job. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. Beach Road has been ripped up, as bad or worse, than shown above, 3 times in the last 10 years. Your photos show a complete replacement or new construction of the complete walkway, not a rip-up, in my opinion.

In about 3+ years, maybe sooner, there will be some new reason to rip up the street again. After all, the new multiple million baht storm sewers on Beach Road are still inadequate and the street floods multiple times and washes away many parts of the beach, each and every year. So they need to be replaced or redesigned causing replacement of walkways, roadways, perhaps even some utilities.  The huge temporary pumps aren't adequate, are an eye sore and are an after thought to try to compensate for inadequate engineering design.

I don't know anything about what others have stated, the brown envelopes need to keep flowing, to support payments for certain fancy houses, cars, etc. I imagine lots are currently flowing from the Jomtien beach road job, and will continue for 2 or 3 years. They could double-up the take, by finding/making new reasons.

Now you are really gurning.