April alcohol sales set to double, spiking road accidents feared

webfact

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Boontob pointed out the lack of awareness among Thais about alcohol’s effects

Which Thais was he referring to?  Monks or primary school kids

2 hours ago, sambum said:

"Boontob pointed out the lack of awareness among Thais about alcohol’s effects, particularly impaired decision-making while driving."

The way some of them drive it would appear to be irrelevant if they've been drinking or not!

correct, could not have put it better myself, alcohol is just a convenient scapegoat used to avoid losing face

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

interesting they went to the CEO of the Carabao group ,they beer sales I would say are not good, alcohols sales may double but not his that is  when you can find it, I give they Bier Dum, the dark Larger, which is their best 6 months then it will be no more, not to the Thai pallet, not sweet enough. 

Thailand Development Research Institute estimated that road accidents caused an economic loss of over 642 billion baht in 2019, with 19,904 fatalities.

The above figures are not good by anyone's reconning, but what percent where due to alcohol? but when governments work out ow much tax alcohol sales bring in, not a lot will change.  

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Boontob stressed that road safety is a shared responsibility, calling on the government, civil society, and private sector to play their part in reducing deaths and injuries,

No mention of the police whose daily failure is the biggest contributor to the above figures.

15 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

Each to his own but I tried a couple of different ones and found them to taste very watery.

Well it is all relative, but you found them to taste watery compared to Chang, Singha and Tiger? I consider those beers to be horrendous. 

25 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Well it is all relative, but you found them to taste watery compared to Chang, Singha and Tiger? I consider those beers to be horrendous. 

They pushed it on promotion here and no one liked in the farang community. I agree Chang, Singha and Tiger also bad.

14 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

What a very strange argument you field.

So using your logic, should Heroin be legalized?

After all, just because it's there, you don't have to shoot up.

It's people that carry out the crimes to get their next fix, not the Heroin,

Correct!  Alcohol is legal, just because you don't want to drink it, doesn't mean it should be band!  It's like murder and rape, they aren't legal, but some people choose to commit these crimes, others don't. In ALL societies you are going to get those who break the law and those who respect the law. Look what happened in the 1920s , 1930s how many people (including innocent one) were murdered just because the government band alcohol. It the same with drugs same thing is happening, just a different product!

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Lopburikid said:

Correct!  Alcohol is legal, just because you don't want to drink it, doesn't mean it should be band!  It's like murder and rape, they aren't legal, but some people choose to commit these crimes, others don't. In ALL societies you are going to get those who break the law and those who respect the law. Look what happened in the 1920s , 1930s how many people (including innocent one) were murdered just because the government band alcohol. It the same with drugs same thing is happening, just a different product!

just because you don't want to drink it, doesn't mean it should be band

I didn't say that I wanted alcohol banned because I don't want to drink it.

My statement was 'It's about time that this evil and dangerous drug got banned'.

Alcohol has wrecked and taken far more innocent lives than prohibition (or any other drug) ever could and as long as it is legal, it will continue to do so.

• Agree 1