I`m thinking about ordering one of these as a back-up in case my Krungtai ATM card ceases to work / gets swallowed by an ATM etc . I haven`t used my KTB account for over a year now , but I sent some £ last month and checked the balance at the ATM in the UK and it was credited , so I assume everything is still ok .

Any downside to using the Wise card ?

I sometimes use mine for THB payments in Thailand.  Works fine. Also contactless works here through Google Wallet.  Very limited fee free cash withdrawals but I would never do that so not an issue for me.  Also use for hotel and flight bookings from time to time.

• Thanks 1

OK , thanks - sounds like it might be ok as a back-up but probably too expensive to use all the time . One thing I was unsure about - Do I have to convert my £ balance held with Wise into Baht before I make an ATM withdrawal in Thailand , or can Wise do an instant xchange . ?

6 hours ago, persimmon said:

Do I have to convert my £ balance held with Wise into Baht before I make an ATM withdrawal in Thailand , or can Wise do an instant xchange . ?

They will convert on-the-fly, so you can keep your balance in GBP but still use it for THB purchases or in ATMs.

• Thanks 1