Crackdown on foreign criminals – spotlight on Phuket

snoop1130

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

Take a look on Facebook, Phuket and you will see any number of Russian names touting properties for sale and rent, not to mention one or two who advertise a car washing service, with the ad written mostly in Russian.

Somehow they are getting away with it and it shouldn't be hard to catch them if the BIB used a little bit of nous, but then again..........

Russians even advertise poker games for the Rawai area on Instagram.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, xylophone said:

Take a look on Facebook, Phuket and you will see any number of Russian names touting properties for sale and rent, not to mention one or two who advertise a car washing service, with the ad written mostly in Russian.

Somehow they are getting away with it and it shouldn't be hard to catch them if the BIB used a little bit of nous, but then again..........

Getting away with what? Advertising aimed at the Russian market is not illegal.

• Confused 4

9 hours ago, xylophone said:

But the advertising is for a reason............to get Russian customers to use their services, carried out by Russians, and do these folks have work permits?????

I know a Thai lady who is a pharmacist here in Rawai and she speaks fluent Russian, she has signs outside in Russian and also labels things in the shop in Russian, She owns the business not Russians, nothing illegal. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I know a Thai lady who is a pharmacist here in Rawai and she speaks fluent Russian, she has signs outside in Russian and also labels things in the shop in Russian, She owns the business not Russians, nothing illegal. 

No problem if she is operating here legally..........but then my post wasn't aimed at these people!

• Agree 1