Root canal quote and need Crown

georgegeorgia

4 hours ago, nglodnig said:

When I say "dentures"  I think I mean a bridge - a plastic prosthetic that clips on - couple of thousand baht.

No. You are talking about a "partial denture". 

• Thanks 1

I had my root canal and crown done at Dental Hospital Bangkok near On Nut. 7 Soi On Nut 1/1 (Sukhumvit 77), Phra Khanong Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110.

They do it all the same day because they make the crowns onsite. They drilled out the tooth, 1 hour later the crown was fitted and all done. Others have pointed out there are different types of crown materials. I was given "what they said" was the new best, and the total cost was far less than what you have quoted.  5 years now going strong. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Obviously....... I have visited a dentist in my home country with my affected  tooth

How is that obvious? 

What did the dentist tell you, that you needed a root canal, or a root canal and crown? Is the tooth broken and or rotted? 

Anyone you email has not seen the tooth, so they have no idea what is needed. 

I use Bangkok Hospital Dental Center in Bangkok and they are great.

It should cost about B1,200-3,000 with an x-rays to have them evaluate it, tell you what you need and provide a quote.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, scoutman360 said:

I had my root canal and crown done at Dental Hospital Bangkok near On Nut. 7 Soi On Nut 1/1 (Sukhumvit 77), Phra Khanong Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110.

They do it all the same day because they make the crowns onsite. They drilled out the tooth, 1 hour later the crown was fitted and all done. Others have pointed out there are different types of crown materials. I was given "what they said" was the new best, and the total cost was far less than what you have quoted.  5 years now going strong. 

A root canal? 

7 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

A root canal? 

Yes, that sounds more like a straight-forward crown. My root canal took 3 visits not including the final crown. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Unless the tooth is mostly rotten and or broken, there should be no need for a crown. Root canal and a filling. 

Yep. I once opted for a filling instead of crown. Dentist told me it'd last 3 years. Lasted 15, good mileage. Probably should have just got the crown, however.

• Thanks 1