CONTEC R100 CPAP machine

Over a year ago I was diagnosed with sleep apnoea.

Doc recommended a CPAP machine.

At the time, I had major issues with a very large prostate which meant that I was having to go to the bathroom every hour.

I decided to postpone the CPAP machine until the bathroom issue was resolved.

I finally bit the bullet and had the prostate removed. (Drugs and other treatments were no good - the prostate was too large.)

So now, I am looking for a portable CPAP machine  - with the water 'tank'.

I have found this one on Lazada

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/contec-r100-positive-airway-pressure-devices-cpap-machine-with-humidity-regulation

Does anyone out there have experience with this machine, or recommends something similar? (Easily portable etc.)

When referring to a CPAP as portable I think that generally means one that can operate on battery power and /or is allowed for use on an airplane.

None of the CPAP machines I've seen are very large.

I have only had a Phillips Dreamstation (The one that had the recall). It was replaced at no charge with the upgraded one. I looked for reviews for the Contec R100 and didn't find any with a not very in-depth search.

The R100 does seems to be very reasonably priced. The ResMed machines are popular and ResMEd is a well established name so would be worth looking at.

Edit: The Contec machine is made in China. ResMed machines are not. ResMed was an Australian company that is now international.

Edited by Smokin Joe
added info
  • Thanks 1