Spain’s plastic law impacts Thai beverage exports

snoop1130

A tear strip and flip top cap which stay attached has been in existence for a long time. Resistance to change will be on filling system machinery which with the capping system mainly used is simple and efficient, and cheap.

if you want to tackle pollution from plastic... more 1 baht water dispending machines, but checked by officials (lol)...  if you buy 2 bottles a day of whatever.. that is 700+ per person per year...  strange I never saw one in a mall

• Agree 1

What was wrong with the old water dispensers?
Why did they need to take them out and replace them with plastic bottles?
When I grew up, there used to be  almost everywhere "free water taps" where you could drink fresh water.
People who needed to drink more fluid carried a Tin can with them.
Even almost every Spanish used to carry a bottle (bodeja) with fluid with them.

As I recall, nobody died from that.

"Plastic, the future for mankind", Diatribe of the Green movement in the '70's.

• Like 1

I remember recyclable glass bottles.  Plastics are pushed by petrochemical corporations who make them.
If government really wanted to address plastics, create laws to ban plastics in favor of recyclable glass.

Won't happen though - too much corporate money flows to government "lawmakers" to make sure it never happens.  Mussolini had a name for this type of corporatism where corporations pretty much control governments and government officials benefit from the largess of corporate funding - all at the expense of the average citizen who are thrown an occasional bone from off of the public-private banquet table.

34 minutes ago, connda said:

I remember recyclable glass bottles.  Plastics are pushed by petrochemical corporations who make them.
If government really wanted to address plastics, create laws to ban plastics in favor of recyclable glass.

Won't happen though - too much corporate money flows to government "lawmakers" to make sure it never happens.  Mussolini had a name for this type of corporatism where corporations pretty much control governments and government officials benefit from the largess of corporate funding - all at the expense of the average citizen who are thrown an occasional bone from off of the public-private banquet table.

You're correct, but there's also another aspect to the miracle of plastic bottles. Plastic bottles are lighter, so much so that the amount of fuel required to transport them was significantly reduced.  Plastic bottles don't break when they fall off of a shelf or are knocked over. This reduced product loss and improved profits.  

Recycling is inefficient at best. The amount of energy required to gather, transport, and melt everything down exceeds the value of the end product.  Then there's the question of how the required energy is produced.  Is it from burning coal or natural gas?  Those inputs have to be included as well. 

On 4/19/2024 at 2:21 PM, snoop1130 said:

With consumer demand for sustainable products at an all-time high

IMHO anything that raises prices is not in demand by consumers. i think that this 'consumer demand' thing is a main instream media attempt to make people gobble up this bull sh!t. i am pro sustainability, but i dont like when mainstream media pushes any agenda

6 hours ago, Srikcir said:

I always squeeze the plastic bottle, then screw the cap back on so reducing bottle size and keeping cap for recycling. Could just throw the cap in the recycle bag along with bottles but need larger bag.

You must be a saint.