Pattaya Wanlai Day 2024 Draws Tens of Thousands of Tourists

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya —The Wan Lai Festival, also known as the Big Day of Songkran, kicked off yesterday, April 19th, transforming the city’s world-famous beachfront into a lively spectacle of water splashing.

The atmosphere along Pattaya Beach Road, from Pattaya Klang Intersection to Walking Street in South Pattaya, was electric as thousands of Thai and international tourists immersed themselves in the last day of Songkran festivities.

The 2-kilometer stretch was transformed into a water playground, with the city authorities setting up water spraying trucks and private businesses organizing various entertainment activities and traditional games. The city also set up a major music stage headlined by famous Thai rock act Retrospect.

By Aim Tanakorn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-04-20

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, p414 said:

Does that mean it is safe to walk out in Pattaya today.?.[Saturday]

Yes. 

if you notice it is eerily quiet compared to the last week plus - well it is here central/north Pattaya.

1 minute ago, scotsdude said:

I would wait till Monday to be on the safe side...

Have you ever experienced water throwing in Pattaya after the 19th?

It is like a big switch has been thrown and traditionally it just doesn't happen.

1 hour ago, topt said:

It is like a big switch has been thrown and traditionally it just doesn't happen.

On 4/20/2024 at 3:45 AM, topt said:

It didn't happen after 6pm either except for the main day..... 

3 hours ago, scotsdude said:

It didn't happen after 6pm either except for the main day..... 

You are joking aren't you.....?

Monday 15th I unfortunately had to venture down Soi Buakhow for a short stretch from Klang to soi 19.. I was going to post the dashcam footage but unfortunately it had already recycled but at 6.30pm it was still like a war zone with no sign of stopping. 

Tuesday 16th I was in a bar and a Thai boy with a foreign older guy utilised a bin full of water left outside a massage shop opposite to throw water at passing motor cyclists - and this was after 10pm. One of the massage ladies joined in.