Settlement Visa Success

My wife has just been granted a settlement visa for the uk. first time visa application (of any kind) and no interview,we went through a pattaya based agency. i cannot speak about the actual presentation of the documents handed to the embassy as i was in the uk but i would like to give a few pointers which i thought maybe should be shared with everyone. i dumped the agency with a load of documents aquired just from reading this forum..... you can never have enough!!

My wife is a receptionist we're both late 20s,we have been married since may ,known each other since november 06, 3 more visits since november ,i have a £20000 a year income, factory worker and live at my mums, £6000 savings , no credit card debt (at the time of application) and at least £300 in my current account for the last 6 months. the agency said that "AN OVERDRAWN ACCOUNT IS OF NO USE WHATSOEVER". and of the photos provided "NO FOOTBALL SHIRTS AND NO PHOTOS IN THE BAR" also photos of yourself with the family of your wife in SMART ATTIRE and you and your wife in NICE RESTAURAUNT AND/OR SCENIC LOCATION go down very well with the embassy.

please take from this what you will.j

Edited by jimbobalooba

Well done jim bob!

Can I ask when did you apply?

And how long did you wait for her passport to be ready?

We applied last week and have heard nothing as yet, I just getting a bit nervous now!

Mark

My job is at a haulage company earning £22500 per year.

I live at my mothers and have visited my wife 3 times.

During my visits i have stayed at her family home, we have visited phuket, pattaya and bangkok together.

I have many photos of us together with her family and photos of when i have taken her family for a little holiday twice to jomtien.

I have every mobile phone bill since we met, we speek 2 to 3 times a day guaranteed and i have proof i support her every week/month.

I have everything required but im overdrawn and have no savings.

My mother welcomes my wife and will put together a welcome letter.

Cheers...

Congrats jimbob,

Im in the process of a visa for the wife too.

Have all the relevant docs but im overdrawn at the bank, will this be a problem???????

Cheers...

Lots of people have overdrafts and lots of people use them!

I don't think that it matters that much, as long as you are paying your bills and have enough left over to pay the rice bills when all your other bills are paid, you should be ok.

Good luck

Mark

Thanks mark,

Im just paranoid of not setting out the visa properly, in order etc.

If i could see a succesfull application in front of me so i could copy how they set it out, maybe i wouldnt be shitting it like this.

Maybe i should pay someone, but there expensive.

Thanks matey...

Scotty, there is a pinned thread at the top of the page which might help you to set out your application.

Dont copy it, but its worth using it as a guide on how to set out your documentation.

Good luck

Mark

My wife has just been granted a settlement visa for the uk.

Well Done Jimbob and congrats and Good Luck for the future.

Moss

Have all the relevant docs but im overdrawn at the bank, will this be a problem???????

As Mark says it is not taken in Isolation.

You need to be able to show and substantiate that she will not need to draw on public funds and that you have sufficient funds to provide a reasonable life style. They do not exactly substantiate what this is.

If you can service all your bills and out-goings and still have enough left over to support yourself, that ticks that particular box.

Moss

Maybe i should pay someone, but there expensive.

Be careful about engaging an Agent, they cannot guarantee anything and if they do they are lying, this sub-forum is littered with the misfortunes of unscrupulous and incompetent Agents, if you do, ensure it is a OISC registered Agent and one that comes with recommendation.

Good Luck

Moss

Well like i say, i earn £22500 a year and if my wife was to join me over here my phone bills would be reduced plus i will not be sending money over to her, so i guess after paying everything out i have around £800 left a month.

Will the embassy see £800 enough for my wife and i to live on each month???

Thanks..

so i guess after paying everything out i have around £800 left a month.

Will the embassy see £800 enough for my wife and i to live on each month???

Thanks..

After paying everything out and still leaving £800, I would say this is more than sufficient.

Remember it is only one part of the application though!

Good Luck

Moss

Have everything covered,

Proof of our relationship ( we speak and have spoken everyday since we met ) so i have phone bills to back this up.

The trouble is i use international phone cards and her number does not show, only the dialing access number.

I have all the phone cards to back this up.

Photos which include me, my wife and her family.

Proof of me supporting her, i have opened up a basic bank account and given her the card, i have the statements which show withdrawels at her home.

Hotel receipts but they only show my name, apart from one where we travelled to phuket, i also have my wife and i air tickets from when we went to phuket.

She has kept all the empty jiffy bags as from where i have sent her gifts during our time together.

Welcome letter from my mother plus the utility bills.

My bank statements pay slips plus my original contract of employment.

Wish me luck because im shitting it....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Could you please guide me how to write a sponsorship letter for my wife? Does anybody has any sample of the letter? We're also thinking should we go for agency or we should do it by ourselves. Please guide.

Thank you

Simon,

You should include details of how you met, how long you have known each other, and how much of that time you have spent together. In addition, you should describe your circumstances in the UK, both financial and in terms of accommodation, and set out how you see the relationship developing; i.e. upon arrival will your wife work or study and if so where? If she's going to do neither, what is she going to do?

If you wish to use the services of an agent, I would recommend that you do not use one of the cowboy outfits that populate Bangkok and other towns in Thailand. Instead go either to a solicitor or immigration adviser in the U.K.

Scouse.

Simon,

You should include details of how you met, how long you have known each other, and how much of that time you have spent together. In addition, you should describe your circumstances in the UK, both financial and in terms of accommodation, and set out how you see the relationship developing; i.e. upon arrival will your wife work or study and if so where? If she's going to do neither, what is she going to do?

If you wish to use the services of an agent, I would recommend that you do not use one of the cowboy outfits that populate Bangkok and other towns in Thailand. Instead go either to a solicitor or immigration adviser in the U.K.

Scouse.

Simon,

Scouse.

i have known my wife for over a year and half, we began our relationship in March 06 within the uk. at the time we began our relationaship we stayed together for a month and a half at my parents home as i live with my parents. this was the time we decided to get married. I went to visit her family in Thailand in June 2006 for 3 weeks. She came to visit me in November 2006 for 2 weeks also she came to visit me again in March 2007. In April 2007 i lived in Thailand for 4 months we got married in May.

This is our history, now for the financial side.

I returned to the UK in Aug and went back to my old job as i could not get any job in Thailand.

my current wages are 9000 per annum ( sadly so low) after i have paid out everything i am left with between 400 - 500

pounds per month i have saved 3700 to date which was left from the wedding.

The only thing i have to pay out is for CSA for my son

My wife is currently working as Cabin Crew earning 750 - 950 after tax per month she has savings of 1900 pounds.

She has a job offer within the company i work for and she will be working almost as soon as she arrrives.

As my wages are very minimum would there be any problem?

We will be living at my parents home and my dad will be writing a letter about the accomadation

what is the chance? we are afraid this will fail, she has had 3 visiting visas for the UK before....will this help?????

Simon,

That your wife has had three visit visas will stand her in good stead as it's hard for the embassy to argue that your relationship is not genuine when they've already acknowledged it to be so by their previous actions.

In relation to the financial aspect, provide evidence from your employer that they are willing to take on your wife as soon as she arrives, and that will immediately double the household income. If you have a joint income of £18,000.00 per year and no outgoings other than your CSA payment, that is sufficient to meet the support requirement of the Immigration Rules.

Scouse.

Cheers...

I printed out an A4 sign that said " WELCOME MS ::::::::" and got my parents to hold it up and took a photo of them at the front door.

Together with their letter, you couldn't say it was made up.

Good Luck.

Cheers...

I printed out an A4 sign that said " WELCOME MS ::::::::" and got my parents to hold it up and took a photo of them at the front door.

Together with their letter, you couldn't say it was made up.

Good Luck.

I might copy that idea :o:D:D