Just opened a Pattaya Bank Account

Pattaya57

On 4/20/2024 at 4:04 PM, retarius said:

because the money had to be immediately available in an emergency.

Yes, some offices were sensitive regarding location of fixed account, perhaps If the account was in different province. 

On 4/20/2024 at 12:23 PM, elfpattaya said:

I have used this account for immigration for years at the Jomtiem office, no problems.

I presume this is the account where you can make a withdrawal twice a month without penalties. They charge 50 Baht for every withdrawal after.

That is a Mai Thai Dee account , instant access account not fixed term 

8 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

That's just another myth repeated constantly here

My agent insisted that was required too...... I use a fixed deposit that clearly shows an update that same day without moving small amounts around... what you going to do, besides to ask 'how high'?

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

My agent insisted that was required too...... I use a fixed deposit that clearly shows an update that same day without moving small amounts around... what you going to do, besides to ask 'how high'?

The morning of the day I went for my extension, I got the bank letter from Bangkok Bank and they simply updated my fixed deposit bankbook to print a new line on the day. NO problem at Immigration.

On 4/20/2024 at 5:09 PM, Pattaya57 said:

I was hoping for an agent free thread. We all know it used to be easy to open a bank account on a visa exempt or tourist visa but not in the last 5 years or so.

You can still pay an agent 4500 to get a bank account opened but there might be added costs for a Residence Certificate and useless insurance required

I was really happy the non-imm O seemed to be all powerfull in bypassing all that crap and bank account cost 0 baht

At Bangkok Bank you can open a current account with a tourist visa.
I have not found any other bank that allows it.
Sometimes you will be asked to take out accident insurance during the first year.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Espanol said:

At Bangkok Bank you can open a current account with a tourist visa.
I have not found any other bank that allows it.
Sometimes you will be asked to take out accident insurance during the first year.

Yeah how many years ago was that? I opened two accounts on visa exempt but you can't do it for years now.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1